Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go Against Your Own Convention(s)

Go Against Your Own Convention(s)

This isn't about established watch rules, but more about going against your own rules or preferences. I'm a pretty conservative watch guy and think dress / business watches should be smaller in size (relative to the wrist) and fairly simple - three hands and a date...more Max Bill Handwinder than Panerai...even my Oris Classic Date is too sportsy for what I'm going for:

Name:  OCD.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  173.6 KB

Still, if i could ever get my hands on a Habring² Chrono ZM I think all thoughts of a Nomos Ludwig would go out the window (I'd like to lose the numbers and logo though):

Name:  Habring2_chrono_36mm.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  57.0 KB

It may not seem like much to some, but a five-hand chronograph with a suit is pretty unobtrusively edgy to me.

2. Likes JAGtime, Bwana, hayday liked this post
    Interesting watch- never seen one of these before.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Habring²s are sweet but there's very little written about them online. Do post a review if u were to get one !

Go Against Your Own Convention(s)

Sometimes it's good to bend the rules, especially your own rules.

I like to stray from my norm every once in a while. It is refreshing and often opens my eyes to something I've been missing. The Habring is an excellent direction to go.

I had a Habring chronograph. Easily one of my favorite watches I have ever owned. I wish I remembered what compelled me to sell it because it had to be a very good reason.

Edit: Just remembered the reason. At the time I thought I had too many Valjoux based chronographs. I wanted something a bit more interesting and decided to sell it to focus on finding a Habring ZM. They show up so infrequently that I forgot I was looking.

Last edited by FuzzyB; Jan 31, 2015 at 11:38 AM.

6. Likes JAGtime, Bwana liked this post
    Why not go the whole hog and get a 6 hand version. This is the Dopple 3.1 version.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by MarkO; Jan 31, 2015 at 12:34 PM.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

8. Likes Nokie liked this post
    The version without *any* subdial is the one I fancy

They are all very cool, IMHO. Only heard of them slightly until now, but really like the Chrono.

Good post.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

The Max Bill went against the grain for my type of timepieces, but was pleasantly surprised when it arrived & am LOVING it

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    The Max Bill went against the grain for my type of timepieces, but was pleasantly surprised when it arrived & am LOVING it

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    Am I correct that there is no running seconds hand, how do you find that?
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post

I have the chronoscope,so yes it has a second hand

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842