Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updating my phone- which way to go?

Updating my phone- which way to go?

Ok here is where I am at. I have an iPhone 5 which now is near the end of contract and therefore my monthly payments have dropped from $65 to $45 per month.

I can update on a similar plan that suits me to either a Galaxy S5 for around $65 per month or and iPhone 6 for about $78, both on a 24 month contract.

I would kind of like something a little larger than the iPhone 5 so I could text and read more easily without reading glasses but other than that the 5 is in perfect condition and runs well. Should I save my money and keep the 5 or should I upgrade to the Galaxy or spend even more on the iPhone 6?
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Ah! I was thinking about starting a 'what phone have you got' thread!
    Have you used Android? I much prefer it to iOS but everyone is different.
    If you do then there are a bunch of options apart from the S5 so you might want to spell out what your main requirements are aside from the bigger screen. Which elements are most important to you?
    I have a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and I love it. My requirement was for a phone with great battery life and this one definitely has that. I'm a heavy, heavy user and I never have to charge it during the day. Every other phone I've had (since the iPhone 3G) I've had to keep topped up. Aside from that it does everything very well. The camera is good, it's very fast, the screen is very good and it's waterproof. If you want something bigger the Z3 is 5 . something inches.

3. Likes Spooky liked this post
    Keep the Iphone for now (why not if you yourself agree its got some miles in it) and change to a rolling monthly contract SIM only deal.

(You have to buy your own phone in future but it gives you more flexibility by not being stuck in a long contract.)
    You can react to changes in the market (in terms of phone improvements or contract improvements) at the drop of a hat.
    Last edited by Seriously; Jan 30, 2015 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Ah! I was thinking about starting a 'what phone have you got' thread!
    Have you used Android? I much prefer it to iOS but everyone is different.
    If you do then there are a bunch of options apart from the S5 so you might want to spell out what your main requirements are aside from the bigger screen. Which elements are most important to you?
    I have a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and I love it. My requirement was for a phone with great battery life and this one definitely has that. I'm a heavy, heavy user and I never have to charge it during the day. Every other phone I've had (since the iPhone 3G) I've had to keep topped up. Aside from that it does everything very well. The camera is good, it's very fast, the screen is very good and it's waterproof. If you want something bigger the Z3 is 5 . something inches.
    Never had Android, I was a Blackberry user until I got this iPhone - will look into the Sony!.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Keep the Iphone for now (why not if you yourself agree its got some miles in it) and change to a rolling monthly contract SIM only deal.

(You have to buy your own phone in future but it gives you more flexibility by not being stuck in a long contract.)
    You can react to changes in the market (in terms of phone improvements or contract improvements) at the drop of a hat.
    i'm not ruling this out at all
    Regards Cam

Watches

Blog Entries
    Name:  Samsung-Galaxy-Mega-6.3-Philippines.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  79.4 KB
    I presently have a Samsung Galaxy Mega. Works well for forum and web browsing. Primarily use a Bluetooth headset when using it as a phone.

I don't like Android at all. I find that most people that go from iOS to Android feel like it's a downgrade. I'd keep the 5, your apps are purchased, it's a great phone, no need to change anything. That said if you need a little more screen area to be able to read it, I'd go to the 6.

I hate Apple as a company and don't trust Google so I use windowsphone devices...
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    I hate Apple as a company and don't trust Google so I use windowsphone devices...
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    I tried a 925 and I LOVED the interface and camera but hated the app selection and battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I tried a 925 and I LOVED the interface and camera but hated the app selection and battery life.

The 1020 is my third windows phone and I love 8.1 as anOS.
    I'm tempted by the 935 as my next phone as the battery life is supposed to be much improved.
    I agree that the app selection is bad but it will never improve unless we support the OS.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches