Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cigars Anyone!?

Blog Entries

Cigars Anyone!?

Thought I would get this started in case others enjoy a good stick every now and then!

Name:  photo (3).jpg
Views: 213
Size:  134.6 KB

Blog Entries
    I have and will always be a huge fan of Arturo Fuente and Gurkha cigars. However I have recently completely shifted gears into pipes:
    Name:  20141109_151424.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  46.7 KB
    Name:  20141109_160552.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  37.4 KB
    The present setup. Not the prettiest, but hey, I'm in Nebraska.
    I'll call this the "Grail":
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  4.9 KB
    Once you get past the 90'ish dollars for a decent pipe, the cost effectiveness really goes up. The only problem is the dang learning curve. Really hard to get the hang of keeping the things lit. Not like a cigar where you just light and go your merry way.
    Sorry, I know it's not specifically cigars, but hey, they sell them in the same shops.

I love the corncob pipe. My grandfather used to smoke one.

Blog Entries

Cigars Anyone!?

Maybe I will try a pipe

bacari
    Last edited by bacari; Nov 15, 2014 at 02:06 AM.

Blog Entries
    Just got a box of Punch London Club Natural at a reasonable price. Sadly, it has gotten too cold to try one out!

Dan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bacari View Post
    Maybe I will try a pipe

bacari
    It wouldn't be too bad of an investment. The corn cob pipe, and half an ounce of decent tobacco cost me less than one half decent cigar. 1/2 ounce of tobacco lasted me a week, and it was ~ 9 dollars all said and done. Smells great in the room just like a good cigar, but letting it go out and relighting it doesn't ruin the taste.

Plus there's this guy:
    Name:  albert-einstein-pipe-151971.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  70.7 KB

Been awhile for me, sort of let it slip past. But I have enjoyed many cigars. I've found that I prefer smaller ring guage (about 33 to 38) and get more flavor from them. Enjoyed the occasional Macanudo, but my favorite two in order are the Arturo Fuente Exquisito in Maduro and the El Rey Del Mundo Cafe' Noir. Neither particularly expensive, but a great smoke nonetheless.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Blog Entries
    CAO Brasilia are my favorite, but i have several others to fit whatever occasion. I tried pipes, but could never quite get it.

Dan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Been awhile for me, sort of let it slip past. But I have enjoyed many cigars. I've found that I prefer smaller ring guage (about 33 to 38) and get more flavor from them. Enjoyed the occasional Macanudo, but my favorite two in order are the Arturo Fuente Exquisito in Maduro and the El Rey Del Mundo Cafe' Noir. Neither particularly expensive, but a great smoke nonetheless.
    I've had some wonderful smaller Oliva series V.

I used to buy boxes and boxes of cigars. The breaking point was when I informed my wife that I wanted to build a walk-in humidor. Looking back, it was sort of like my watch addiction.

I rarely buy cigars now just to keep from fanning the flames.

Today I stumbled upon two that are rarely available in my city. I don't have the routine that I used to have and lose patience quickly trying to sit and smoke, so I buy sizes that I never used to buy.

Anyway, Liga Privada No. 9 and Reserva Xtra Viejo. Both excellent cigars if you ever see them.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416704219.360647.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  74.8 KB

11. Likes bacari liked this post