Likes Likes:  1

Thread: SOLD: Eterna Kontiki *LNIB*

SOLD: Eterna Kontiki *LNIB*

​SOLD

Yet another very recent acquisition I dislike having to part with but that's the case if I am to get my hands on the grail that just came up. This Kontiki is in like-new condition having been worn a mere handful of times. In fact I don't even recall wearing it out of the house. A wonderful piece with tremendous history behind it.

ETERNA KONTIKI
    The best outdoor adventure companion for more than 50 years
    The striking dial face combines practical features with a modest lesson in geography and lets this timepiece meet all the expectations one might have of a watch with this name. To begin with, legibility in the dark is enhanced by the luminous triangular area under the four numbered hours, while strips of luminous compound highlight the eight other hour markers. The centre of the dial bears an engraved outline of Raroia, the Polynesian atoll on which the KonTiki ended its fabled voyage in 1947. The case is built for exceptional robustness, with water resistance extending to 200 metres thanks to the screw-down caseback and screw-in crown.

Technical Details:
    Reference: 1220.41.43.0268
    Case: Polished and brushed stainless steel
    Dial: Black with embossed Raroia atoll structure
    Hour markers: White luminous on rhodium-plated index
    Strap: Polished and brushed stainless steel
    Clasp: Folding clasp
    Movement: Sellita Calibre SW 200
    Movement Type: Self-winding
    Displays: h, min, s and date
    Power Reserve: 38 h
    Frequency: 28,800 v.p.h.
    Jewels: 26
    Ball Bearing: 1
    Case Diameter: 42 mm
    Case Height: 12.35 mm
    Water Resistance: 200 m
    Crystal: Scratch-resistant, anti-reflective sapphire crystal
    Case Back: Screw-fitted with KonTiki medallion
    Crown: Screw-down

Further information:
    http://www.iguanasell.com/collection...220-41-66-1183

Iguanasell has this watch marked down to $1550. I'm going to let it go for a quick $850 to move it, including PayPal and USPS shipping Canada/CONUS. Lowball offers will be ignored. No trades. I have excellent references available as should you.

January 2015 purchase. Manufacturer warranty applies.
    Last edited by Chase; Feb 8, 2015 at 02:50 AM.

2. Likes Bwana liked this post