Likes Likes:  77
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch-spotting in the Wild

Quote Originally Posted by timekeeper View Post
    I bought my employee an Omega PO last year and he wears it everyday. The construction manager for a company that I get work from sports a diamond bezel Breitling. I sold my 1999 Omega Speedmaster to a local guy and he was wearing a 1977 Sub on a bond NATO as well as a Bond PO and Bond Seamster in tow.
    Wow, I need to work for you! Speedmaster please.

2. Likes timekeeper liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Upstate View Post
    At the museum I work at I see lots of nice watches. Plenty of Rolex subs, Explorer 2s, Datejusts, GMTs. Saw a legit gold Daytona. I've seen a few Speedmasters. Just saw a Mido Multifort the other day which was interesting. Talked to a guy with a Black Bay the other day too. Saw a PP Aquanaut about a month ago. Don't see to many nice vintage models though.

Best story is, a collector friend was in and I saw he was wearing a nice vintage Rolex Explorer. I paid him a compliment on it. He then took it off and handed it to me to get a closer look at and we had a nice little conversation about watches. Super nice.

I've also had a handful of people strike up conversations with me about my Sinn 556I.
    I once was at a vendor show shooting video and the guy I was shooting was wearing the gold Yachtmaster II. I mentioned that I really liked it and I've never seen one in person. He took it off his wrist and handed it to me to look at and try on. It sure was a solid watch, nice and heavy. Same thing happened with somebody else that had on a polar explorer II.

I see lots of TAGs at work....but they don't really count
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022-69 Rolex Sea Dweller 16600 Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Red Seiko SKX007J BB mod, SNZH55K1 FFF mod, SRP265 Explorer mod, quartz chronograph 7T32-6G20 Casio MRW-200H-1B2 Hamilton Pan Europ (blue)
    Want: Tudor Sub (blue), Heritage Chrono (grey), 79160 "Big Block" chrono Sinn 103 Classic, 103 A Sa, U1 Tegimented Zenith El Primero Split Second, El Primero Striking 10th Lew & Huey Riccardo Magrette Moana Pacific Professional (blue) Sea-gull 1963 chrono

Today was a rather interesting day, I spotted a Steinhart Ocean One with a green bezel on the guy seated across from me in the train.

I thought it was just another Sub LV but the size of watch, the shape of its end links and lugs suggested otherwise.

Just been chatting with a new patient who is from Le Locle, he was wearing a gold Zenith Synopsis and his wife a Montblanc Star Classic with mother of pearl dial and a 2 tone bracelet.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Awhile back, I was on a flight with a stopover in DFW. As I was boarding the plane, in the stop-and-go that is the march down the isle, I notice that a passenger seated to my right is wearing a Breitling SOH. As I stood there waiting for some passenger way up there to figure out the operation of the overhead bin, I said to the guy, "Really like your SOH, my favorite of all the Breitlings."

Response, "Huh?"

I said again, "Oh I'm sorry, I was just saying I really like your SOH."

Response was no more than, "Ok." I thought to myself, have a nice day there champ, and moved on. Then we reached the stopover. I've got an hour and a half; make my way straight to the bar nearest my next gate. As I sit there drinking my gin and tonic, this guy sits down next to me. He orders a drink and I notice he's wearing a Tudor Oysterdate Chrono. I try for round two. "You don't see many Tudor's running around."

He responds, "Wow, you might be the first person to recognize it. You're right, hasn't been in the US too long." So I won't go through the rest of it, but come to find out he works at the Rolex Service Center in Dallas, and he received the Tudor from Rolex after he completed his training. We got to discussing all sorts of watches for about an hour at which time I picked up his drink and made my way for the next flight. Best watch-in-the-wild spotting experience I've had.

Oh, I was wearing my Hamilton at the time.
    Last edited by Roller.959; Feb 7, 2015 at 07:55 PM.

8. Likes FuzzyB, Banker liked this post
    I work, yes work - I've got a job again - in finance. Rolex, Breitling, Omega and Tag are almost standard uniform.

Some of the more interesting pieces I've seen are a rose gold Patek annual calendar, a Pepsi GMT and, quite frankly, my Meistersinger.
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

Saw one of these last night. Not too common a watch

11. Likes Banker liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew88 View Post
    Saw one of these last night. Not too common a watch
    Over here it is. This is probably the single most common watch I see on clients and colleagues. OK, only three or so, but I can't think of any other models that three people I know own.
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

Last night I went to a birthday party on the beach. I saw a gold yachtmaster2 the one with the full gold bracelet.
    It looked huge and very blingy.

MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

14. Likes Banker liked this post