Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Idiot of the Week award goes to...

Today's Idiot of the Week award goes to...

Me, mlcor.

Actually, it's Geoffbot's fault, because my adventure started with a plan for the February photo contest. I had an idea for a good photo, which involved going outside (we are in the middle of a blizzard) to set up the picture. So, I put my phone in one pocket, my watch in the other, strap on my boots and head out the back door. The snow is about 18 inches deep (more now, this was earlier today). I trudge no more than about 15 feet and put the watch where I want it, reach into my other pocket, and AIEEEE! No phone!!

I look around frantically behind me, and see no evidence of where it slipped out of my pocket, just tons of snow and some footprints. Oh crap. I start moving through the snow with my hands--no luck. Oh no oh no. So I go back inside, into the garage, and get a snow shovel. Before I go back outside, I have a brilliant idea--I'll call the cell from the home phone, and hear it ring, and, and...wait, my cell is set to mute.

So out I go with the shovel, gently moving snow around, and, PAYDIRT! I find it. Apparently it went directly vertical, like a razor blade slicing through paper, there was no sign of it until I felt the shovel hit it.

Miraculously, it appears unharmed. There was a leather iPhone case on it, and apparently it was so cold and the snow so fluffy, water didn't get into it. Whew.

Anyway, I can safely say my photo entry (which I'll post shortly in the other thread) should win a prize for the most traumatic photoshoot, if nothing else.

Sounds like you deserve it by default for what you had to go through.

Glad you found it as that must have been like trying to find a needle in a haystack......
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Sounds like you deserve it by default for what you had to go through.

Glad you found it as that must have been like trying to find a needle in a haystack......
    It was indeed, except it was a potentially perishable needle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How bout a pic of the phone ?, then I can nominate you for the "Drunken Photo of your Phone" Badge

Glad you found the phone, real pain in the arse to start that loading process over again.

Here you go...

6. Likes Bwana, iyonk, JAGtime liked this post
    Oh the recursivity !

8. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Oh the recursiveness !
    Hey, go easy on my phone, it's his first selfie...

Too quick for me and my change

I wanted it to mirror "Oh the humanity"

11. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Wow! Lucky thing you found it! A twist to "finding a needle in the hay stack"....

13. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Savagely Average
    I opened this thread....crossing my fingers that it was not me

15. Likes iyonk, Seriously, geoffbot, JAGtime liked this post