Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon watch specifications

Amazon listings can be wildly inaccurate, to the point that I am very nervous buying a watch from them! I blame the proliferation of 'marketplace' sellers that don't all meet the same standards as Amazon's own products, and can result in may duplicate listings for the exact same product, making shopping for the best price a real challenge.
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondmike View Post
    Amazon listings can be wildly inaccurate, to the point that I am very nervous buying a watch from them! I blame the proliferation of 'marketplace' sellers t.
    I've stopped buying from Amazon vendors

Why ?, because you can't tell easily (or at all in some cases) where the product is coming from and whether you'll pay the inevitable import duty/VAT etc, it's all too easy to choose a vendor name and stick UK at the end of it , and be surreptitiously based in Hongkong etc.

and can result in may duplicate listings for the exact same product, making shopping for the best price a real challenge.
    This also stops me looking, because as you say , there's no need for multiple pages/ASIN's of the same product, it's just done to catch the consumer out.. There should just be ONE page for any given product and let the vendors fight it out for top spot based on price - simple.

I pointed this out to amazon and told them I wouldn't be buying from them BECAUSE of this ... their answer:.............. silence.
    It seems the vast majority are happy/content with the subterfuge.. me ? : no

3. Likes Uber liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I've stopped buying from Amazon vendors

Why ?, because you can't tell easily (or at all in some cases) where the product is coming from and whether you'll pay the inevitable import duty/VAT etc, it's all too easy to choose a vendor name and stick UK at the end of it , and be surreptitiously based in Hongkong etc.

This also stops me looking, because as you say , there's no need for multiple pages/ASIN's of the same product, it's just done to catch the consumer out.. There should just be ONE page for any given product and let the vendors fight it out for top spot based on price - simple.

I pointed this out to amazon and told them I wouldn't be buying from them BECAUSE of this ... their answer:.............. silence.
    It seems the vast majority are happy/content with the subterfuge.. me ? : no
    I completely agree. Plus you have a different returns process when it goes wrong. All in all Amazon seem to be trying to turn into ebay and that is not a good thing.
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    It seems the vast majority are happy/content with the subterfuge.
    I think the vast majority are entirely ignorant of this subterfuge

I know many people who have zero concept of "vendors" on Amazon, even though it is relatively obvious.... they just think Amazon supplies everything - even when they are caught out with duty and such they still don't "get" it.... Amazon is a dreadful scam....I am more trustful of Etsy!

6. Likes Seriously, Nokie liked this post
    Amazon watch specs-

Name:  Wharrgarbl-nonsense-dog.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  69.2 KB
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

8. Likes Der Amf, Uber liked this post