Likes Likes:  54
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone a genius? Whats your IQ?

Anyone a genius? Whats your IQ?

Ive done a series of tests and come up with a consistent 125. I think you need 140 to get into Mensa.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Savagely Average
    In.....to see if this leads to a discussion on the validity of IQ tests

I doubt anyone that could actually be considered a genius comes in and says they are......because they are smarter than to do that
    Last edited by Mediocre; Feb 4, 2015 at 02:51 AM.

3. Likes I-B, jsw41 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    In.....to see if this leads to a discussion on the validity of IQ tests
    True, its kind of interesting, ive been doing a lot of reading about smart people and their IQs.For instance, a 3 year old girl with an IQ of 160 who can recite a 25 page bedtime story word for word the next day. Fascinating stuff.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

According to the charts, 125 just puts me in the top 5%. 160 gets you in the top .1% and of course 100 is the mid point 50% or average. You can see Ive been totally distarcted at work this afternoon.
    Regards Cam

Watches

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    According to the charts, 125 just puts me in the top 5%. 160 gets you in the top .1% and of course 100 is the mid point 50% or average. You can see Ive been totally distarcted at work this afternoon.
    http://www.us.mensa.org/join/testsco...lifyingscores/

Note how many different scores are accepted, definitely a range there. 130 seems like the average, but it is not the standard

I’ve got a whole bunch of watches sitting in a watch box.Together they tie up about 25% of my savings and many require ongoing maintenance. Even if I’m a genius, I’m not very smart.

My old History teacher told my parents once that I was an "Intellectual Playboy" because i flirted with being smart but never got serious about it.
    Regards Cam

Watches

9. Likes shemp liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    My old History teacher told my parents once that I was an "Intellectual Playboy" because i flirted with being smart but never got serious about it.
    I too am an intellectual playboy because I read Playboy for the articles.

I'm not a Genius as I spend all my time on a watch forum
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

12. Likes CamB, I-B, shemp liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    I too am an intellectual playboy because I read Playboy for the articles.
    Don't remember ever reading any articles in Playboy.
    Regards Cam

Watches

14. Likes GlennO liked this post