Likes Likes:  54
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone a genius? Whats your IQ?

Ahh the thrill of finding a 10 year old Playboy in my father's workshop. I feel sorry for the youth of today. Straight on to bigmamafloozie dot com and bang!...innocence completely and irrevocably wiped.

2. Likes whatmeworry, I-B, jsw41 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    Don't remember ever reading any articles in Playboy.
    There aren't actually any articles. That's just marketing hype for our wives.

4. Likes Chronopolitano, jsw41 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Straight on to bigmamafloozie dot com and bang!...innocence completely and irrevocably wiped.
    You liar! That site doesn't exist!
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

6. Likes M. Montaigne, GlennO, 93EXCivic liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Ahh the thrill of finding a 10 year old Playboy in my father's workshop. I feel sorry for the youth of today. Straight on to bigmamafloozie dot com and bang!...innocence completely and irrevocably wiped.
    I agree, smut is so much more fulfilling when you have to work for it.

8. Likes GlennO liked this post
    What started out as an intellectual discussion…………………...
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

check my avatar

Name:  ea07_periodic_genius.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  17.7 KB

11. Likes Domo, MHe225 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    What started out as an intellectual discussion…………………...
    Here, lemme help ya keep it up:

1. IQ tests are bollscheit. I have my reasons. Don't make me say them. But suffice it to say, the mentality and values that created these tests as reliable a measure of "intelligence" is what has created misery and sense of alienation for so many in exchange for toys and baubles.

2. As a necessary corollary to that, most kinds of WORK (institutional and corporate) is (or eventually becomes) bollscheit.

Here: http://www.fastcoexist.com/3041719/c...t-for-antiwork

and http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...cademic-system

3. And a quote from a smart guy, Daniel C. Dennett
    “The juvenile sea squirt wanders through the sea searching for a suitable rock or hunk of coral to cling to and make its home for life. For this task, it has a rudimentary nervous system. When it finds its spot and takes root, it doesn't need its brain anymore, so it eats it! It's rather like getting tenure.”

Conclusion: Most people today are super smart in a very narrow, stupid way, such that they cannot recognize the value of idleness or experience (aka "wisdom"), and consider themselves happy and successful if they are given a lot of said toys.

Last edited by Chronopolitano; Feb 4, 2015 at 07:01 AM.

13. Likes Ryan, M. Montaigne liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post
    Here, lemme help ya keep it up:

1. IQ tests are bollscheit. I have my reasons. Don't make me say them. But suffice it to say, the mentality and values that created these tests as reliable a measure of "intelligence" is what has created misery for so many in exchange for toys and baubles.

2. As a necessary corollary to that, most kinds of WORK (institutional and corporate) is (or eventually becomes) bollscheit.

Here: http://www.fastcoexist.com/3041719/c...t-for-antiwork

and http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...cademic-system

3. And a quote from a smart guy, Daniel C. Dennett
    “The juvenile sea squirt wanders through the sea searching for a suitable rock or hunk of coral to cling to and make its home for life. For this task, it has a rudimentary nervous system. When it finds its spot and takes root, it doesn't need its brain anymore, so it eats it! It's rather like getting tenure.”

Conclusion: Most people today are super smart in a very narrow, stupid way, such that they cannot recognize the value of idleness or experience (aka "wisdom").

Yes it is interesting how IQ has evolved as the THE intelligence indicator. I do not feel qualified to comment on its legitimacy or not to be honest.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    check my avatar

Name:  ea07_periodic_genius.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  17.7 KB
    Y39 O8 U92 W74 I53 S16 H1 !!

16. Likes I-B liked this post
    Which test did you do Cam? I'll give it a go.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague