Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Teeritz here.

Blog Entries

Teeritz here.

I already posted up on the Omega forum when I joined a few days ago, but I figure this was probably where I should have posted first. Anyway, I thought I'll cut & paste what I wrote there and put it here by way of introduction.

Worked in hospitality for 22 years (I started early) before going into retail where I worked at a wristwatch boutique for eleven years. Got out of retail two years ago to return to study. With any luck, I'll be working in a library sometime next year. Similar to retail, in terms of customer/patron interaction, but I don't have to try to sell them anything.

Wristwatch-wise, I got...damn, I think it's 32 watches. Ten of them are a mix of modern and vintage Omegas (my favourite brand) and the rest of the collection includes a couple of Tudors, a few Seiko, a Tissot, a Hamilton, a Sinn 103 chronograph, and a bunch of other brands. Gonna have to thin the collection down a little, one day. And, come hell or high water, I will have a Rolex Submariner 5513 added to the collection sometime soon. That's the watch that got me hooked on these things. I was an impressionable kid back in the mid-Seventies when my Dad took my brother and I to a Bond double-bill. As soon as Roger Moore cut through the ropes with the buzz-saw bezel on his watch, I was hooked. On both Bond and Submariners.
    Of course, I probably could have bought two or three Subs over the years instead of thirty-two other watches, but hey...

Other collections include fountain pens, three or four 35mm film cameras (and I'm no better a photographer than I was back in '81) and, wait for it, typewriters. Yes, you read it right. The 20th Century is alive and well in my house. And I actually use them for writing when inspiration strikes.
    Which is ideally what I'd like to do when I grow up.
    Anyway, that's me in about 20 sentences. It ain't much, but it's all true.
    All I have to do now is come up with a nifty avatar.

Anyway, what's a post without a pic? Here's one, in glorious black and white.
    For atmosphere.

Cheers, all!

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

Blog Entries
    I've already welcomed you, T, but I'll do it again.

T made the first very first member post on IWL, when he posted in Omega.

Jeannie

Hey T! Don't think we crossed paths much before but you seem like a good chap, and are highly regarded by those who know you so welcome aboard! How about some more pics of your watches? Looks like a nice diverse collection.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Hey T! Don't think we crossed paths much before but you seem like a good chap, and are highly regarded by those who know you so welcome aboard! How about some more pics of your watches? Looks like a nice diverse collection.
    No, Geoffbot, we haven't met officially over in the other place. Pleased to meet you. I've already done a wrap-up of my Omega watches over in the Omega section (natch) and I'll get around to posting up the rest of what I have, but I can't figure out where it would go. Maybe in the blog section?

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)

Really glad to meet you here, teeritz.

C

Blog Entries
    Ha! I never forget a castle. Good to see you here, C.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)

Quote Originally Posted by Teeritz View Post
    No, Geoffbot, we haven't met officially over in the other place. Pleased to meet you. I've already done a wrap-up of my Omega watches over in the Omega section (natch) and I'll get around to posting up the rest of what I have, but I can't figure out where it would go. Maybe in the blog section?
    In Central, mate!

I hope to hear the Teeritz/Geoffbot collaborative review/discussion on the Visodate.

I was in a Jared jewelry store, which for those who don't know is sort of like a slightly upscale Wal-Mart jewelry store, and I swear the Visodate was the best looking watch in there. Size: perfect. Crystal: gorgeous. Hands/Dial: gorgeous. Such a great watch bargain.

Oh, and welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by RobotAZ View Post
    I hope to hear the Teeritz/Geoffbot collaborative review/discussion on the Visodate.

I was in a Jared jewelry store, which for those who don't know is sort of like a slightly upscale Wal-Mart jewelry store, and I swear the Visodate was the best looking watch in there. Size: perfect. Crystal: gorgeous. Hands/Dial: gorgeous. Such a great watch bargain.

Oh, and welcome!
    Well I don't have many watches so unless he has fewer I bagsie it!