Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boys' toys

Boys' toys

I'm 30 in a few weeks and my family have been bugging me for gift ideas. I've got an Amazon wish list with scotch, a hand burr coffee grinder, a DE razor and various shaving bits, knives..the latter two items I've only just discovered as such, any further ideas? I found a WiFi coffee machine which seems pretty cool, though I imagine my aeropress will still taste better so...
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

DE razors, creams and brushes are very addictive!

Which razor are you looking at?
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSport View Post
    DE razors, creams and brushes are very addictive!

Which razor are you looking at?
    http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showthread.php?t=2164

Edwin jagger and a variety pack of blades
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

You'll not look back. My skin has never been so clear. It's a much better way to shave.

Have you checked out the forums at The Shaving Room? Worth a look.

I went through a few models relatively quickly, then settled on Muhle's R41 in various guises. Check out some of the tutorials on YouTube too..
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

How about accessories, such as ties, cuff links, tie bars, leather portfolios, leather bags, sunglasses etc?

Nothing, proportionally, has an effect to equal a coffee grinder. Freshly ground is the rubicon.

7. Likes TokyoLunch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Nothing, proportionally, has an effect to equal a coffee grinder. Freshly ground is the rubicon.
    Sex usually does.

9. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Are firearms legal to the public and easily attainable in the UK? If so, that would be on my list.

Do you need any new accessories, such as a wallet? Might you enjoy a fine writing pen?

You seem to enjoy cooking and trying new foods. Get some sort of cooking device

Sunglasses of some sort

A nice glass for enjoying your adult beverages or an apparatus for keeping them cool

Any interest in the outdoors? Accessories for hiking/camping?

Me, I would get something for one of the cars (performance parts), a watch, or a pocket knife

For coffee, yes, a bean grinder is a must. So yeah, the hand one or if you even still have an electric they both work.

So on the coffee side, I would go for a siphon coffee maker/setup. They look cool, even when not used, use a flame, and make damn good coffee. It's not fast, it doesn't make a huge amount, and tends to get used sparingly these days, but it is very cool to have and use.

DVDs, CDs, Books. I always have movies, music and books I haven't gotten to.