Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Actual diving use of dive watches with pics

Actual diving use of dive watches with pics

I know I'm sort of the odd man out here actually using dive watches while diving but for me I find they work best for a quick glance ET and if I run navigation legs or search patterns the sweep second hand just registers better.
    So some shots from last weeks dives
    My Modded SMP gets the most use

We have had great viz in Monterey lately, Monday we dove on an ebbing tide so the bottom was clear but puffs of sand would pop up often {outgoing tide os a sort of flushing action so good viz most of the time}
    Bright day and 40 foot viz brings out different critters,
    Giant Nudi's

Halibut

Octopus
    Darting away

after attacking the camera man

Decorator crab, these cover themselves with all sort of camo

Not sure if this was a Harbor Seal or a SeaLion

What is all over those bones? Ocean maggots

I'll add some more pics later
    Last edited by Lexvil; Feb 5, 2015 at 11:44 PM. Reason: adding pics

2. Likes Matt, Steppy, solar g-shocker liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexvil View Post
    Giant Nudi's

Forget the watches (for a moment) , they are just freaky awesome

4. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    I usually only take watch pics to help organize the sequence of the dive pics and events, so a really good watch pic is rare.

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    That's awesome Lex! +Rep for showing off some real diving pics. Over the last decade I have only been diving around once per year on average, so I have not invested in any sort of underwater photo gear. I've got lots of old pictures that I could scan, but most are pretty crummy. I'll see if I can find anything worth sharing.

7. Likes Lexvil liked this post
    some very short vid clips

in case you missed it, there was an octopus hiding in that first clip

Last edited by Lexvil; Feb 5, 2015 at 11:46 PM.

9. Likes OTGabe, Smeagal liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    That's awesome Lex! +Rep for showing off some real diving pics. Over the last decade I have only been diving around once per year on average, so I have not invested in any sort of underwater photo gear. I've got lots of old pictures that I could scan, but most are pretty crummy. I'll see if I can find anything worth sharing.
    Thanks Gabe, I have a spare camera if you want to borrow it for your next dive.