Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New El Primero

New El Primero

Recent released pictures of 2 new models with what hey describe as laquered dials.

I have not been a fan of the overlapping dials but here they seem to work better for me. I also like that the date window almost disappears until you look for it.

MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

2. Likes Der Amf, JAGtime, CFR, FuzzyB, hayday, OrangeSport, DM71 liked this post
    Nice. Think I prefer the white dial.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

4. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Not a fan of overlapping dials, but these chronos look very nice. Seems laquered dials are coming back with a tone that easily reminds the old porcelain dials. The overall appearance is very clean; I wish they simply "forgot" the date for an even cleaner and classy dial, but I may be in a minority here...

I could do without the date. I wonder how much they will look like porcelain in the flesh

7. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quite like them, slightly too monotone for me. If I was going for a Chrono it would most likely be the Zenith El Primero, but I just don't think you can beat the old classic.

IMG_3367_zps8c087631.jpg

9. Likes FuzzyB, Domo, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    They look pretty sharp in pictures. I'd be curious to see them in person.

Nice not to sure how legible the black is though.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

I like the white one, except I've never been a fan of 4-4:30 date wheels. I would have voted either for no date or date at 6:00 like my EP.

Hmmm… Interesting, thanks for posting this. My major beef with overlapping dials is that they actually interfere with the ability to read the relevant markers. That seems to be cured in this version. The new subdials incorporate the "railroad track" look, which adds to a sort of vintage vibe. I'm kinda liking these new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster View Post
    Hmmm… Interesting, thanks for posting this. My major beef with overlapping dials is that they actually interfere with the ability to read the relevant markers. That seems to be cured in this version. The new subdials incorporate the "railroad track" look, which adds to a sort of vintage vibe. I'm kinda liking these new models.
    That was my thought with the overlapping dials, I dont know if it is just the lighting but the hands of the sub dials on the black look hard to read.