Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need To Start Spending Time in Goodwill Stores - Check This Amazing Find Out.......

I Need To Start Spending Time in Goodwill Stores - Check This Amazing Find Out.......

I wouldn't have sold this amazing find. Would you?

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2...lls-it-for-35k
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

You're late to the party Mr Brylawski , there's a thread knocking around already on that amazing find

Man buys $35,000 Jaegar-LeCoultre for $5.99

3. Likes I-B liked this post
    From a WIS standpoint, that's truly an amazing story. But, honestly, my first reaction was to feel sorry for Goodwill, since that kind of cash could have gone to good use in support of their efforts.

5. Likes RBrylawski, CFR, Nutty28, scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    You're late to the party Mr Brylawski , there's a thread knocking around already on that amazing find

Man buys $35,000 Jaegar-LeCoultre for $5.99
    I looked around and didn't see the article. Oh well, it's not the first, nor will it be last time I'm late to a party! No it won't!
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

7. Likes Seriously, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster View Post
    From a WIS standpoint, that's truly an amazing story. But, honestly, my first reaction was to feel sorry for Goodwill, since that kind of cash could have gone to good use in support of their efforts.
    I had a very similar thought, but then they sell all sorts of high end items for pennies. A friend of mine picked up a set of Ping Golf Clubs for like $35 at a Goodwill. That set of clubs cost thousands of dollars. And you can often find expensive clothes with the price tag still on it, clearly noting the price of the item, which they're selling for $5.

Maybe Goodwill should do a better job of tracking the value of what they sell?

9. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster View Post

Apparently he did make a donation, undisclosed amount

11. Likes RBrylawski liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Apparently he did make a donation, undisclosed amount
    I'm glad to hear that........

Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    I'm glad to hear that........
    Ditto. That's good to hear.

won't he have to pay the IRS now he has shamelessly self-publicized? Capital gain and all that? I am no expert on US taxation tho...

Not a capital gain, just ordinary income (higher tax rate, of course). He does get to deduct his original $6 cost basis.

16. Likes Nokie liked this post