Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter. Bah, humbug!

Winter. Bah, humbug!

It's 22°F here.
    I was really looking forward to retirement and the fact that I could look outside, and if there were snow on the ground or if it was cold I could just stay inside and laugh at all the poor suckers that had to get out and go to work no matter what the weather.
    Well Damn! Now I have to get up at 04:30 and be at the clinic by 06:00 three days a week, no matter what. What a bite in the buttocks.
    I hate winter. I really miss spending the whole season In Florida.

I always say winter builds character

* I say this from the comfort of Georgia winters (although looking out my window this morning, it's actually snowing right now).

Sitting here watching the weather channel, snow from Corpus Christi up through your area. Moving up to mid Atlantic area by Saturday. My kids in Maryland will see their first snow of the season.
    Here in mid Tenn well probably miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by boatme99 View Post
    It's 22°F here.
    I was really looking forward to retirement and the fact that I could look outside, and if there were snow on the ground or if it was cold I could just stay inside and laugh at all the poor suckers that had to get out and go to work no matter what the weather.
    Well Damn! Now I have to get up at 04:30 and be at the clinic by 06:00 three days a week, no matter what. What a bite in the buttocks.
    I hate winter. I really miss spending the whole season In Florida.
    What you're going through sucks. Will it always have to be so early in the morning?

I am not a fan of winter (says the guy who lives in the frozen tundra of the US Midwest), either, although I'd rather deal with bitter cold than snow. Snow is such a pita.

84 and party cloudy here.

6. Likes boatme99 liked this post
    Well, I've had snow since the beginning of November.

I am a little annoyed that it is hovering around 0C, 32F. The roads are going to get slick and then dangerous when it gets cold again.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

0C here at the moment (8pm). Just warmed up from work today and not looking forward to work tomorrow! Bring on spring.
    There's nothing important to read here.

Very cold here in London but no snow even though they keep promising it .

Mexico did get snow according to the news.

I suppose you aren't interested in the weather in Florida.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

11. Likes boatme99 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    I suppose you aren't interested in the weather in Florida.
    Hmmmm, let me guess: Once again Florida has chosen not to take part in the American national pastime of winter ?

Besides, you had your cold front back in October...... Lasted all of 5 days, didn't it ?
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.