Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nomos Metro redesign

Nomos Metro redesign

Hodinkee published pictures of the new redesigned slightly larger Metro and also mentioned rumors of more to come at Baselworld..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Don't like it without the power reserve meter. Ruins the watch for me.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

3. Likes Domo liked this post
    Not bad, but agree with BC, the absence of a power reserve just make the dial look a bit empty, IMHO. Like everything else about it otherwise. Great use of accent colors.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

I agree with the others, the quirkiness of the original is lacking in this model. Without the power reserve and asymmetrical layout, it loses much of the charm of the original. The Metro took a while to grow on me, but once it did, it worked. Maybe this will be the same.

I ilke it, but yeah no PR would be an instant deal breaker for me.

Maybe they will have a model with and one without? More likely is they changed the movement.

Actually like this version a lot better. Now bring back the minty color of the old version for the markers, and make the subseconds hand the same color as the markers, and I'd consider it.
    Last edited by appa papa; Feb 8, 2015 at 01:52 AM.

Nomos Metro redesign

For reference here is my current edition. Also note I prefer the minty green to the blue on this one. Seems to fit better here in the Deco theme of South Florida.

Last edited by Samanator; Feb 11, 2015 at 01:55 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

I like it alot - no date version?
    Agree I'd prefer it if the sub seconds was the blue dot color, or hand color. The red is a miss for me with out the power window tie in.
    Last edited by matthew P; Feb 8, 2015 at 05:48 AM.

I prefer the redesign, but I can definitely see why someone who bought the original would not agree!

12. Likes Bidle, scottjc liked this post