Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mesmerising : Ressence Type1 & 3, the "no hands no crown" automatic watch

Pretty cool and unique to me. Looks like the dial would be very legible at a quick glance once you get used to the format.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

3. Likes I-B liked this post
    A seconds hand that rotates once every six minutes ?..... So, they've effectively decimalized the hour
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    A seconds hand that rotates once every six minutes ?..... So, they've effectively decimalized the hour

6. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    I had no idea until just now there is an oil temperature dial !!

I'd still have EITHER .... ALL DAY LONG !!!
    Last edited by Seriously; Aug 10, 2016 at 02:32 PM.

I've seen them in the flesh--very cool, but they are big, and wear even bigger with no bezel. Plus I'd really worry about having a five-figure paperweight in a few years if they go belly up; no one's going to be able to service these things except them.

Yeah, i've seen a few wrist shots, they wear huge. Whats the point of great tech it if looks daft on peoples wrists

Watching the videos above it is apparent this is a total fail on readability in all aspects. I guess it is a great meeting watch since you can waste a great deal of time trying to figure out the time, and day if the meeting is just droning on. They should have called it he Rube Goldgerg. Complexity with nothing gained.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!