Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Chrissy must haves

Chrissy must haves

Popped into Marks today and out of their saleted peanut tubs, and spiced pickled onion yikes....

what's your must haves

got some ginger chocs , shortbread , mixed nuts , cherry , mince pies , pork pie , mints ....

Have a merry chrissy all

Salted peanut tubs?! Explain.

I'm already sick of Christmas food actually - had a Christmas day with my dad as I won't see him on the 25th and I've been eating turkey since. And mince pies every day at work. Genuinely had enough!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

“peace on earth and good will to all men,” hmmm never seems to happen does it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I don't have any regulars. We just have everyone bring whatever they want so it's usually different every year.
    The only things I'm positive about right now are the rolled pork roast ,the apple cranberry filling is cooking down on the stove this very minute, German potato salad, green beans amadine, and some red cabbage.
    Everything else will be a surprise.

- Stollen from Lidl
    - Marzipan chocolates from Lidl
    - Real Italian Panettone (Galup) from local deli
    - Deluxe Mince Pies from Iceland (better than Waitrose )
    - Plenty tangerines

6. Likes OhDark30 liked this post

http://www.scandikitchen.co.uk/produ...pssill-230g-2/

Different preparations of salmon

Cold-smoked

Hot-smoked

Gravlax (cured in salt, sugar, and dill)

Shamefully, I scarcely know where our food comes from, or what it looks like before reaching a plate.

A Sainsbury's van delivers once a week, so that must account for some of it. More will come from Waitrose and a farm shop. I know that the eggs come from a farm just up the road. Fish comes from local boats once in a while.

Christmas essentials: turkey, bread sauce, Christmas pudding, brandy butter, Christmas cake, stollen, red wine, champagne, beer.

Coquito for me. Essentially spiked coconut egg nog for the uninitiated.