Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sci fi book recommendations

Sci fi book recommendations

I read a lot of sci fi as a teenager, but as an adult my tastes changed. Recently I've found myself enjoying it again, having recently read The Martian and Roadside Picnic. Watching Interstellar also rekindled my fondness for the genre, as did 5 TED talks about space back to back this morning.
    So hit me with your SF recommendations, anything goes but my preference is for books that can be held one handed without causing wrist strain.

isaac asimov jumps to mind as does l ron hubbard and arthur c clarke but would like to see others to ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    isaac asimov jumps to mind as does l ron hubbard and arthur c clarke but would like to see others to ?
    You know I've never read any Clarke, that seems like an excellent place to start.

4. Likes Chronopolitano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    You know I've never read any Clarke, that seems like an excellent place to start.
    yeah every ones has watch the space odessy and the like but forget he was a good writer too and isaac just has a way of writing that is easy to ready even at time when technical and yay for that yes I would like to here of other authors... there a couple but the names escape for the minute you have the greats to like hg wells and of course jules verne .. to think of two
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

6. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    I'm still pimping 'Angelmaker'. But Charlie Stross' 'Laundry' series are a bit special.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep . Philip K Dick.

Became the film Bladerunner.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

9. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep . Philip K Dick.

Became the film Bladerunner.
    Read that. I got through lots of Dick as a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm still pimping 'Angelmaker'. But Charlie Stross' 'Laundry' series are a bit special.
    I've heard Angelmaker is excellent, will check it out

More I than S underwatermechanic's Avatar
    Starship troopers by Robert Heinlein. Nothing like the film and a really thought provoking book.

Quote Originally Posted by underwatermechanic View Post
    Starship troopers by Robert Heinlein. Nothing like the film and a really thought provoking book.
    That one I've read, agree that it's excellent