Likes Likes:  330
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Sunday - 8 February 2015 »»»»»»»»»

««««««««« WRUW - Sunday - 8 February 2015 »»»»»»»»»

Good morning.

My mid-70s chrono on a "perlon" strap. Actually, this strap is period correct, because I did wear them a lot, back then. Obviously, we didn't call them "perlon" or anything fancy; they were just textile straps and that was it. They were not fashionable; they were cheap.

The watch survived. When I was a member of my college fencing team, it stayed - always - on my wrist and never failed a beat. Those that find mechanicals fragile...well...think again.

Name:  P2070001.JPG
Views: 232
Size:  460.6 KB

Name:  P2070002.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  278.4 KB

Happy Sunday!
    Last edited by CFR; Feb 8, 2015 at 12:54 AM.

Beautiful start C! =)

made a strap for my new watch lastnight since the strap i that the pict takes yesterday was borrowed from my teal dial seiko 5.
    its 20mm width with 18mm lug.
    to bad i dont have many left over scrap leather and this one honestly look to distressed/dirty looking (it's not =).. there's something wrong in my process that most of my selfmade strap accidently look to distressed for my liking.. no problem in comfort or durability... sadly those nice hirsch or other great looking straps not available in my country..

right now i just want to wear the watch hehehe.. I really like this watch and love the casual vibe... cant grow my wrist more bigger, so smaller watch make my wrist look normal/balance haha!

Have a beautiful sunday everybody!

Name:  DSCN8879.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  DSCN8876.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  45.1 KB

Name:  DSCN8880.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  51.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    Beautiful start C! =)

made a strap for my new watch lastnight since the strap i that the pict takes yesterday was borrowed from my teal dial seiko 5.
    its 20mm width with 18mm lug.
    to bad i dont have many left over scrap leather and this one honestly look to distressed/dirty looking (it's not =).. there's something wrong in my process that most of my selfmade strap accidently look to distressed for my liking.. no problem in comfort or durability... sadly those nice hirsch or other great looking straps not available in my country..

right now i just want to wear the watch hehehe.. I really like this watch and love the casual vibe... cant grow my wrist more bigger, so smaller watch make my wrist look normal/balance haha!

Have a beautiful sunday everybody!

The strap looks fine to me but you are the expert. However, don't assume that industrial made straps are better than yours, only because they achieve consistent and predictable results. Some of your straps are really - and I mean it - really nice.

4. Likes iyonk, popoki nui, JAGtime, scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Those that find mechanicals fragile...well...think again.
    I'm quilty as charged! =)

i used to always feel that wearing mechanicals is like wearing egg on my wrist... i'm a classic G-shock fan and those are build to torture..
    last year i dropped my seiko black monster when the aftermarket lug fail... it was dropped from head high with very loud sounds on tile floor!

i was expecting broken glass, ruined movement, loose hands and so on... but it was survived the accident and i still wearing it confidently.. it make the watch run a bit faster to +15secs/day , previously its about +3/day... so i adjusted the trim lever and its been spot on eversince..

honestly i bought my new seiko 5 with 7s26c for checking how would it survive if i want to use it as beater... if it fail, its fine by me, but my feeling tell me it's gonna survive just fine hehehe..

sorry i know its no comparisson since the model i mentioned are cheap watches hehehe..

6. Likes CFR liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    I'm quilty as charged! =)

i used to always feel that wearing mechanicals is like wearing egg on my wrist... i'm a classic G-shock fan and those are build to torture..
    last year i dropped my seiko black monster when the aftermarket lug fail... it was dropped from head high with very loud sounds on tile floor!

i was expecting broken glass, ruined movement, loose hands and so on... but it was survived the accident and i still wearing it confidently.. it make the watch run a bit faster to +15secs/day , previously its about +3/day... so i adjusted the trim lever and its been spot on eversince..

honestly i bought my new seiko 5 with 7s26c for checking how would it survive if i want to use it as beater... if it fail, its fine by me, but my feeling tell me it's gonna survive just fine hehehe..

sorry i know its no comparisson since the model i mentioned are cheap watches hehehe..
    Quartz watches - and G-shock is probably one of the best examples - are much more resistent to abuse than our regular mechanical. But that doesn't mean that a good quality mechanical is as fragile as sometimes we expect. Today, I wouldn't submit my watches to the torture tests this poor chrono passed, though.
    Last edited by CFR; Feb 8, 2015 at 03:05 AM. Reason: typo

9. Likes iyonk, JAGtime, Teeritz liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    46mm case on my wrist......but maybe I should try one of those
    Last edited by CFR; Feb 8, 2015 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    46mm case on my wrist......but I have to try one of those
    You won't be disappointed C and they make it in 42. Too bad the date window isn't at 6 on that model.

13. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Too bad the date window isn't at 6 on that model.
    Exactly! That's the reason I'm not enthusiastic about the 42mm model.

15. Likes Dienekes liked this post