Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What model was it...

Thanks! That Seamaster Chrono is a beauty.The Speedmaster is the 9300 series as referenced above by Jazzmaster. Going to look up the Tag next.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    38 is too small for me. And I'm not a big guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by drickster View Post
    I have a number of 40mm watches and they are a little small but still good in my eye. 38 is just too small.
    Interesting. I would say I have average wrists, but I find 38-40mm to be my sweet spot. And while bigger models don't particularly look bad on me, I just find them weird on my wrists.

The max I could go is probably 43-44mm (Breitling Navitimer or B1, Seiko Orange Monster, Panerai) without looking comical. One of the reasons I got rid of my Suunto Core was because it looked hilariously large on my wrists.

However, the smallest I could go is probably 36mm. I have an Omega Seamaster that's probably around the 36-37mm (not sure), and depending on the occasion, I could get away with wearing it.

But I have my grandfather's vintage Gübelin Patek Philippe that's around 32mm, and it looks like I am wearing a kid's watch. Ironically, even my wife refuses to wear that, so it's sitting in a safe gathering dust as a family heirloom.

I have been eyeing the Lange Saxonia Thin at ~40mm, but when I tried it on, it looked rather large on my wrist because of its clean and open dial. I wish ALS made them in 38mm -- that would be perfect. On the other hand, I have a Daniel Wellington that also has a clean and open dial at 40mm, and it looks surprisingly good on my wrist.

So, I definitely think there's a certain degree of subjectivity when it comes to wrist presence.

Hallo everybody, similar implementation with central minutes like Lemania 5100 was introduced by Tag Heuer on the Aquagraph that was introduced in 2003 here is a link
    http://www.calibre11.com/review-tag-heuer-aquagraph/. I feel very lucky that I have this watch .

Quote Originally Posted by Dimtzi View Post
    Hallo everybody, similar implementation with central minutes like Lemania 5100 was introduced by Tag Heuer on the Aquagraph that was introduced in 2003 here is a link
    http://www.calibre11.com/review-tag-heuer-aquagraph/. I feel very lucky that I have this watch .
    First post? Welcome to the Forum! I think you're going to like it here.

That is a very nice watch, great choice for diving too. But it is substantially different (not bad, just different) than what I wrote this thread about.

The two handed chronograph dial, with it's intuitive readability (especially for those of us with aging eyes who may need reading glasses to decipher a standard chronograph totalizer) is what I was talking about. Have a look at the pic I snagged from the web below, and have a look at the subdial at 9:00. See how the two hands simply resemble a standard analog clock? At a glance it is easy to read as 1 hour and 20 minutes. Just like reading a clock. That is what I was talking about.

As for the Aquagraph, it is a great dive watch! Love the well protected crown, the sealed (usable underwater) chrono pushers and the dial layout. The Lemania 5100 you refer too was a classic also, a shame it has been discontinued. I regret not having picked up a watch or two with that movement.

Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Blog Entries
    That is one sweet looking watch.

6. Likes T Bone liked this post