Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great movie quotes!

Great movie quotes!

"What is happening around here today? Are Gringos falling from the sky?"

El Guapo. The Three Amigos

"Kiri, kiri, kiri, kiri, kiri, kiri"

Asami Yamazaki. Audition

"So long and thanks for all the fish" The Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy

"Are you gonna do somethin', or just stand there and bleed?" Kurt Russel as Wyatt Earp in Tombstone

"We all have it coming Kid..." Clint Eastwood as Will Munny in Unforgiven

ETA: I absolutely love Westerns. I'll be back with more.
    Last edited by T Bone; Jan 22, 2015 at 03:31 AM. Reason: See ETA
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

3. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    From the same film: (Carlito's Way)

'You think you're big time, you gonna ****ing die BIG TIME , you ready? , here comes the paaaain

I heard of you
    , man You used to run smack with Rolando, right?, .....a little bit
    a little bit! , that's a good one, I heard you guys were the ***ing kings man

'Your Honour with all due respect, past and present, and without further to-do. Let me ensure this court that I am through walkin’ on the wild side. That’s all I’ve been tryin’ to tell you. I have been sick with the social ills known in the ghetto. But my time in the sterling correction facilities of Green Haven and Sing Sing have not been in vain. I’ve been cured! Born again, like the Watergaters. I know you heard this rap before. Your Honour, I mean it. This is the truth. I changed. I changed, and it didn’t take no thirty years like Your Honour thought, but only five. That’s right, sir, five years. And look at me. Completely rehabilitated, reinvigorated, reassimilated and finally going to be relocated, and I want to thank a lot of people for that. I look over there and I see that man there, Mr Norwalk. I want to thank you, sir, for making the tapes in an illegal fashion. I would like to thank the Court Of Appeals, for reversing you, Your Honour. And I want to thank Almighty God without whom no case gets tossed.'

and another: (Escape from New York)

Bob Hauk: I'm not a fool, Plissken!
    Snake Plissken: Call me "Snake."

Bob Hauk: We'd make one hell of a team, Snake!
    Snake Plissken: The name's Plissken!

Snake Plissken: I wanna meet this Duke.
    Cabbie: You can't meet the Duke! Are you crazy? Nobody gets to meet the Duke. You meet him once and then you're dead!
    Last edited by Seriously; Jan 22, 2015 at 04:38 PM.

5. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming! Dory from Finding Nemo

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. Likes bolaberlim, is that my watch liked this post
    One of my faves is one I'm sure you'll be a fan of Claudio:

Nick the Greek: Dunno Tom. Seems expensive.
    Tom: Seems? Well, this seems to be a waste of my time. That is 900 nicker in any shop you're lucky enough to find one in. And you're complaining about 200? What school of finance did you study? "It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the sale of the f**king century!" In fact, f**k it Nick, I think I'll keep it!
    Nick the Greek: All right all right, keep your Alans on!
    [Peels off notes from his wad]
    Nick the Greek: Here's a ton.
    Tom/Eddie: Jesus Christ!
    Eddie: You could choke a dozen donkeys on that! And you're haggling over one hundred pound? What d'you do when you're not buying stereos Nick? Finance revolutions?
    Nick the Greek: 100 pounds is still 100 pounds.
    Tom: Not when the price is 200 pounds it's not! And certainly not when you've got Liberia's deficit in your skyrocket. Tighter than a duck's butt you are. Now, c'mon. Lemme feel the fibre of your fabric.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

9. Likes 93EXCivic, bolaberlim, Chicolabronse liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post

Tom: Seems? Well, this seems to be a waste of my time. That is 900 nicker in any shop you're lucky enough to find one in. And you're complaining about 200? What school of finance did you study? "It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the sale of the f**king century!" In fact, f**k it Nick, I think I'll keep it!
    Eddie: You could choke a dozen donkeys on that! And you're haggling over one hundred pound? What d'you do when you're not buying stereos Nick? Finance revolutions?
    Tom: Not when the price is 200 pounds it's not! And certainly not when you've got Liberia's deficit in your skyrocket. Tighter than a duck's butt you are. Now, c'mon. Lemme feel the fibre of your fabric.
    My two favorite from the movie

It's been emotional- Big Chris

If the milk turns out to be sour, I ain't the kinda p$%^y to drink it.- Rory Breaker

Some other favorites from other movies

There's no school like the old school and I'm the f%$king headmaster- Lenny Cole

All you need to know about life is retained in those four walls. You will notice that one of your personalities is seduced by the illusions of grandeur: the gold packet of king-size with a regal insignia, an attractive implication towards glamour and wealth, the subtle suggestion that cigarettes are indeed your royal and loyal friends - and that, Pete, is a lie. Your other personality is trying to draw your attention to the flip side of the discussion: written in boring bold black and white, it's a statement that these neat little soldiers of death are in fact trying to kill you - and that, Pete, is the truth. Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren. That that starts sweet ends bitter, and that which starts bitter ends sweet. THAT is why you and I love the drugs and that is also why I cannot give that painting back. Now please, pass me a light.- Johnny Quid

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f^&king big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of f%$king fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the f$%k you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f#$ked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?- Brick Top

11. Likes bolaberlim liked this post

Great movie quotes!

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    "So long and thanks for all the fish" The Hitchiker's Guide To The Universe

"Are you gonna do somethin', or just stand there and bleed?" Kurt Russel as Wyatt Earp in Tombstone

"We all have it coming Kid..." Clint Eastwood as Will Munny in Unforgiven

ETA: I absolutely love Westerns. I'll be back with more.
    Not to be picky; but isn't it The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy? One of my favorites

"Stop those rhymes, and I mean it". ......"anybody want a peanut"

Vizzini & fezzik TPB
    Last edited by Spunwell; Jan 22, 2015 at 01:23 AM.

13. Likes Seriously, bolaberlim liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post

Can we lock up and get drunk now, please?

15. Likes bolaberlim, CanadianStraps liked this post
    edit...Sorry this is so long but I was in the moment remembering the last scene of the movie. This is Henry Fonda writing a letter to Terrence Hill at the end of My Name is Nobody.
    If you like westerns and Henry Fonda this movie is on a par with Once Upon a Time in the West.

Jack Beauregard: [narration] Dear Nobody, dying is not the worst thing that can happen to a man. Look at me... I've been dead for three days now, and have finally found my peace. You used to say that my life was hanging by a thread. Maybe so, but I'm afraid it's your life that's hanging by a thread now. And there's quite a few people who'd like to cut that thread. Yeah, I guess it's your way of feeling alive. See, there's a whole difference between you and me: I always try to steer away from trouble, while you seem to be looking for it all the time. But I must admit, you've been able to solve your share, even if you like others to take the credit. This way, you can remain a "nobody." You got it all nicely figured out. But you gambled too big this time, and there's too many people who know you're "somebody" after all. And you won't have much time left for playing your funny games. They'll make life harder and harder for you, until you too will meet somebody who wants to put you down in history. And so you'll find out that the only way to become a nobody again is to die. Anyhow, from now on, you'll be walking in my boots, and maybe you won't be laughing so loud anymore. But you can still do one thing: you can preserve a little of that illusion that made my generation tick. Maybe you'll do it in your own funny way, but you'll be grateful just the same. I guess looking back, it seems we were all a bunch of romantic fools. We still believed that a good pistol and a quick showdown could solve everything. But then, the West used to be wide-open spaces with lots of elbow room, and you never ran into the same person twice. By the time you came along, it was changed. It got smaller and crowded, and I kept bumping into the same people all the time. But if you're able to run around in the West peacefully catching flies, it's only 'cause fellows like me were there first. Yeah, the same fellow you want to see written up in history books, 'cause people need something to believe in, like you say. But you won't be able to have it your own way much longer, 'cause the country ain't the same anymore, and I'm already feeling a stranger myself. But, what's worse, violence has changed, too. It's grown, and got organized, and a good pistol don't mean a damn thing anymore. But I guess you must know all this, 'cause it's... your kind of time, not mine. And I also figured out the moral to your grandpa's story, the one about the cow that covered the little bird in cowpie to keep it warm, and then the coyote hauled it out and ate it. It's the moral of these new times of yours: Folks that throw dirt on you aren't always trying to hurt you, and folks who pull you out of a jam aren't always trying to help you. But the main point is, when you're up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut. This is why people like me gotta' go, and this is why you faked that gunfight to get me out of the West clean. Anyhow, I was getting to be one more old-timer, and the years don't make wisdom, they just make old age. One can be young in years and old in hours, like you. I guess I'm talking like a damn preacher, but it's your fault; what can you expect of a national monument? Well, keep your mind and your heart open, and if you ever meet one of those men you almost never meet, you can keep each other company, and it won't be so lonely for you. They say distance makes friendship grow stronger. Maybe so, 'cause after three days without you dogging my tracks, I kinda' miss you. I really gotta' sign off now, so even if you've been a stinkin' nosy troublemaker all the time, thanks for everything just the same. P.S.: Just one more piece of advice from an old-timer: When you're getting a shave and a cut, be sure the right man's wearing a jacket!
    Last edited by MarkO; Jan 23, 2015 at 12:13 AM.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

17. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    Blog Entries
    There's a great scene in "Working Girl" (Dir: Mike Nichols, 1988) where Harrison Ford (who should have done more comedy, he's great in this) is berating Melanie Griffith after a nerve-wracking meeting where she adlibbed her way through. And he says;

"I've read about people like you. You're like one of these obsessed cops. The kind nobody'll ride with 'cos their partners wind up dead or crazy."

And in "The Barefoot Contessa" (Joseph L. Mankiewicz, 1954), there's a scene where a drunken blonde makes a comment about the Contessa (played by Ava Gardner) and is quickly shot down by another lady named Jerry;

Drunken Blonde- "She hasn't even got what I've got."

Jerry- "What she's got you couldn't spell, and what you've got, you used to have!"

Oh, and of course, the entire 'horse racing' discussion scene between Bogart and Bacall in "The Big Sleep" (Dir; Howard Hawks, 1946)

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

19. Likes bolaberlim liked this post