Likes Likes:  83
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Another "what should I buy" thread. Thanks for your input IWL friends!

Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    I'm a little late to this discussion and frankly I just skimmed the majority of the thread, but based on your criteria of an everyday, all around, beat it up watch my vote would be for (as much as it pains me to say it) the Explorer.

Were are choosing for myself, it would be the GS no question, but then again I'm sadly not that anal with my watches (and I can be quite obliviously clumsy), and the Explorer I really doesn't do anything for me.

As I was typing this I just did a 180 in my mind and realized that the Grand Seiko would be my recommendation. As cliche as it sounds, why can't you really get them both? They're both watches you like and having owned a Grand Seiko you know that that's an itch that really needs to be scratched repeatedly. They both can eventually find their way into your collection, but it doesn't have to be this week, or this month, or even this year, but eventually if you like them both, why not own them both . Having said that, the Grand Seiko is the obvious first choice as you can find an Explorer any day of the week and twice on Sunday. But, the Rolex really is a better tool watch.

Well shoot! I was absolutely no help. I'm just going to go back to my pinot and advise you to ignore everything I just said. With the way I'm flip flopping I really should run for office...
    Your contribution is more helpful than you think my old friend! Thank you! If the SBGR 081 is being sold for the right price, it may be on its way to me in a couple of days.

2. Likes bu11itt liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Your contribution is more helpful than you think my old friend! Thank you! If the SBGR 081 is being sold for the right price, it may be on its way to me in a couple of days.
    I'm glad you were able to glean something from my wayward ramblings. I'll be looking forward to seeing those pics.

4. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Wouldn't that be exciting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    B&M Capeland Flyback/Muhle Glashutte 29er Big/Grand Seiko SBGR083/JeanRichard Aquascope/UTS 1000m V2/Ebel 1911 BTR Cal137/Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso/Lew & Huey Acionna

6. Likes wschofield3, bu11itt liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Explorer for me (the 39mm version, with my wrist).

8. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    ...The GS does nothing for me. I saw it in person and, to be honest, it's quite bland.
    I may be mistaken but don't you own a Snowflake? I find its style and the High Beat to be very similar.

Of course, I've never handled either one let alone compared them side-by-side.

10. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    Wouldn't that be exciting!!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It would have been, however, the price wasn't what i was expecting. I paid less than what they were asking for my brand new 083.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Explorer for me (the 39mm version, with my wrist).
    Thanks, Raza...tough decision.