Likes Likes:  3,090
Page 116 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1223

Thread: Post yer arty farty photos here

Rick your photos don't show up for me, and I noticed that on the LF forum too. I am using an older version of Safari on my older computer currently, so that may be it.

I can see em
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Your browser is probably at fault, though I’m buying certificates from a budget source and it’s always a little flaky. But it works for nearly everyone else (including on various versions of iOS Safari on my devices). I always host these in my own site because everyone else “improves” them with resampling, sharpening, compression, contrast, and whatever else designed to make me hate them.

In this age of nanny browsers made necessary by bandwidth-busting ads and flash/HTML5 crap programming, nothing ever works consistently.

I just tested the links in chrome on my iPhone and all variations work there, too. (Http vs. https, with and without www.)

Rick “not sure what to suggest other than lining the ‘standards’ committee members up against a wall” Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdenney View Post
    Your browser is probably at fault, though I’m buying certificates from a budget source and it’s always a little flaky. But it works for nearly everyone else (including on various versions of iOS Safari on my devices). I always host these in my own site because everyone else “improves” them with resampling, sharpening, compression, contrast, and whatever else designed to make me hate them.

In this age of nanny browsers made necessary by bandwidth-busting ads and flash/HTML5 crap programming, nothing ever works consistently.

I just tested the links in chrome on my iPhone and all variations work there, too. (Http vs. https, with and without www.)

Rick “not sure what to suggest other than lining the ‘standards’ committee members up against a wall” Denney
    I have a much more current mac laptop with the latest software. I recently wiped it clean and sent it off for screen repair, I have it back, but have not reinstalled my backups yet, so that's why I'm on my old computer. So yeah, probably my older Safari is the culprit.

Sent from Maxwell Smart’s shoe.

7. Likes geoffbot, Strela167, gnuyork, ro63rto liked this post
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Quote Originally Posted by Rdenney View Post

@Rdenney - back on my laptop, stunning pics with the PENTAX!

We've been cleaning out the basement for renovation, and one of the rooms has stacks of frames and prints and I was leafing through some mounted prints and there was a series that caught my wife's eye. Abstract still life images I shot in college of props in the drawing studio. I didn't think much of them but my wife loved them. I quickly compared the print quality to various inkjet prints I had laying around. I pride myself on making stellar black and white inkjet prints, and I tell you, it still doesn't compare to the richness of a well printed silver halide print, as I am sure you may already believe.

Most of my darkroom stuff is in storage, but after looking at some of my older prints I'm tempted to set all of that stuff up. I have 3 enlargers given to me that I have never used yet, just collecting dust for over a decade because it's a daunting task to clear out space and set it all up. One of the enlargers is an OEM Focomat II (never used by anyone). Two are 4x5 enlargers, one is an Omega dichroic head.

But when I think how simple a good digital camera, Lightroom, and my Epson is, I "shutter" to think (ha)... I guess that's why I have procrastinated for years on the darkroom.
    Last edited by gnuyork; Jan 25, 2021 at 11:42 PM.

Wonderful. Not just a snapshot but the art of photography

Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

12. Likes Fantasio, gnuyork liked this post