Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul!

Better Call Saul!

The prequel spin off to Breaking Bad is here at last - well it's hit Netflix in the UK at least, so I guess it's been on in the US (on AMC, I think).
    I haven't watched it yet, but I loved BB, so will be as soon as the nipper is in bed. From the Netflix description it sounds more serious than I was hoping (I just wanted an 80s throw back detective show, where Saul saves a case each week and manages to seem corrupt but always ends up doing the right thing whilst grumbling about it), but I'm sure it'll be fun anyway.
    Anyone had the pleasure yet?

Blog Entries
    It debuted after Walking Dead Sunday evening with a rebroadcast scheduled for tonight followed by episode two. At least I think that's right.

I didn't watch Breaking Bad so am giving it a skip.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    I haven't watched it yet, but it's on the DVR. Everything I have read about it says it's amazing and will ultimately surpass Breaking Bad - we shall see. I think Bob Odenkirk is great so I have no doubt that I'll enjoy it. As an aside, his book A Load of Hooey is very funny and worth a read if you need some laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I didn't watch Breaking Bad

I myself have only watched two series so far , but ..... but ..... you gotta watch it !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I didn't watch Breaking Bad so am giving it a skip.

Jeannie
    I'm with Jeannie on this one. Pass.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

OMG

I watched the premier after Walking Dead but not the second episode the next day. I think it's going to continue from episode to episode like BB did. Seems pretty decent so far. I'll watch it again. I didn't get the impression much of anything about the show is serious.

Apparently it broke cable tv premier episode records.

I get enough of the Walking Dead when I visit the In-Laws......
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I myself have only watched two series so far , but ..... but ..... you gotta watch it !!
    Last edited by Lonestar; Feb 11, 2015 at 02:44 AM.

10. Likes OTGabe, Seriously, geoffbot liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, even though it is on my DVR. I was not a fan of Breaking Bad (so boring, so flip-floppy, filled with unlikeable characters save two), but I have higher hopes for this show (Saul being one of the likable characters).