Likes Likes:  11
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Noise Canceling Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by vinylgreek View Post
    Very much like Pioneer back in the late '70s and early '80s. It was the only brand many folks had heard of and that it was high end audio.
    How true. Many of the brands at the big box stores are not very good. There are some great brands like the ones sold at the Magnolia locations at Best Buy but you really need to get to a specialty retailer to get the best selection of great brands, most of which the average person on the street have never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    I've been in the audio business for 35 + years and any Bose product, including their headphones, are considered at the lower end of what's available for sound quality, however, they do a good job with noise cancellation. Big marketing dollars, so it's the brand people know. Can't fault them for leading folks that don't know about sound into buying their products. Ask the average guy on the street who makes the best and they would tell you Bose. Kinda sad.
    Please tell me Polk makes a good product

Blog Entries
    I have to go with the on ear headphones. I find the earbuds (especially those without any sort of headband) really annoying. For some reason they don't want to stay in my ear canals. Even when I take an iPod out walking I have a pair small of Panasonic on ear headphones.
    I didn't do a lot of brand comparison. The Sennheiser seemed to be the right style and size and it has a decent rating. Price was right too - around $100 Canadian.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

4. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    I have to go with the on ear headphones. I find the earbuds (especially those without any sort of headband) really annoying. For some reason they don't want to stay in my ear canals. Even when I take an iPod out walking I have a pair small of Panasonic on ear headphones.
    I didn't do a lot of brand comparison. The Sennheiser seemed to be the right style and size and it has a decent rating. Price was right too - around $100 Canadian.
    Ray depending on brand, they make aftermarket foam replacements for the ear pieces...they come in a multitude of sizes, most come in packs with 3-4 sizes to "fit" your needs. The ear piece fitting your canal size, dictates comfort & sound canceling abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Ray depending on brand, they make aftermarket foam replacements for the ear pieces...they come in a multitude of sizes, most come in packs with 3-4 sizes to "fit" your needs. The ear piece fitting your canal size, dictates comfort & sound canceling abilities.

No, you're thinking of hearing aids

(joking)

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Please tell me Polk makes a good product
    Polk makes a fine product.

8. Likes Bwana liked this post
    I suppose Beats aren't considered good either by those in the know. Not noise canceling but I own in ear wireless Powerbeats, Monster Sports, and JBL over ear phones. I seriously can't tell the difference outside of bass between all of those and iPhone earbuds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Not noise canceling but I own in ear wireless Powerbeats, Monster Sports, and JBL over ear phones. I seriously can't tell the difference outside of bass between all of those and iPhone earbuds.
    Nothing wrong with that , everyone's hearing is different anyway, a different frequency response.
    Horses for courses, go with the ones that sound good to you.