I have owned Hokas for running in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    I have owned Hokas for running in the past
    What are your thoughts on Hoka?

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    What are your thoughts on Hoka?
    Great for running, especially at distance. Light, supportive, and durable. Breathable as well. They are great running or walking shoes imo, easy on the legs too

I know many people that enjoy them for daily wear, but the thickness/bulk do not work for me personally. For daily wear I consider them very close to orthotics due to their support and cushion. Nothing wrong with that, I just prefer something a bit more firm on the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Great for running, especially at distance. Light, supportive, and durable. Breathable as well. They are great running or walking shoes imo, easy on the legs too

I know many people that enjoy them for daily wear, but the thickness/bulk do not work for me personally. For daily wear I consider them very close to orthotics due to their support and cushion. Nothing wrong with that, I just prefer something a bit more firm on the bottom
    Do you like Brooks?

Do you like Brooks?
    I just picked these up like most not as firm as I would like for a small individual probably not noticeable but me being 6'-2" and generally large they roll too much for my liking if they firmed them up a little would be perfect

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

6. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Do you like Brooks?
    I very much like Brooks, but I have not tried their recent models. I liked their Launch III shoes so much that I bought multiple pairs while available. Still have two unworn pair in the closet.

Great for running, and I prefer them for daily wear over Hokas personally.

Full transparency, a long run for me is 3-5 miles.

My running days are behind me so this type of shoe is mostly for comfort when I know I'll be on my feet for long hours on concrete or the such. My last 2 pair were Brooks and they were great but this time I decided to try Hoka. I chose the Clifton 9 which is the least fatty most normal model they make. The cush in the sole is very very comfortable.

9. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    My running days are behind me so this type of shoe is mostly for comfort when I know I'll be on my feet for long hours on concrete or the such. My last 2 pair were Brooks and they were great but this time I decided to try Hoka. I chose the Clifton 9 which is the least fatty most normal model they make. The cush in the sole is very very comfortable.
    I have not tried their less bulky models, may need to revisit. Glad yours are working out!@

@chuckmiller - My most comfortable running shoes are from On. I have Asics, Brooks, NB, Saucony and Nike and while they are all very good, the On is in a different league.

https://www.on.com/en-us/?utm_source...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Good to know. On is probably the next shoe we will try when the need comes.

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    @chuckmiller - My most comfortable running shoes are from On. I have Asics, Brooks, NB, Saucony and Nike and while they are all very good, the On is in a different league.

https://www.on.com/en-us/?utm_source...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

13. Likes wschofield3 liked this post