Likes Likes:  917
Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your new shoes

Show us your new shoes

Got a new pair of Kicks post them here. I wear shorts a lot and needed a new pair of casual shoes to wear with them. Ipicked up these Rockports for an insane 80% off retail. They are super comfy too!

Name:  290051_366_45.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  22.1 KB
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

2. Likes gnuyork, Mediocre, JAGtime, muddy250, bacari liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Nice looking shoes, are they considered boat shoes? I am no shoe afficianado lol. My most recent purchase are a pair of Ecco's for work. They are not terribly old, but they are proving to hold up MUCH better than some other brands I have.

Quite coincidental, I also just got a new pair of shoes; they are not very comfy yet ......

Name:  Sidi_Fusion.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  97.2 KB
    IWL member 90

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Nice looking shoes, are they considered boat shoes? I am no shoe afficianado lol. My most recent purchase are a pair of Ecco's for work. They are not terribly old, but they are proving to hold up MUCH better than some other brands I have.
    I don't think they are boat shoes, dont boat shoes have that cabling around the heel?
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Summer Winter and the bits in between if I am not actually at work or dressed to go out on a Fri or Sat night all I wear is these.
    I probably get through 2 pair of these a year but haven't bought any new proper shoes in 3 yrs.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

7. Likes CamB, Bwana, JAGtime, popoki nui liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I got a new pair of Adidas Sambas today (Classics, with the long tongue, white with black stripes). They are good looking shoes with a decent amount of support for having the style of sneaker I like, but damn are they tight. I got them in size 12, which I normally wear for all types of shoe (boots, loafers, sneaker) except for boat shoes, but my god, I don't know how I'm going to break these in. I could exchange them for 12.5s, but I feel like they might end up being too big once broken in. I need to find a way of stretching the leather without having to deal with the pain.

I read about the hair dryer method, and it seems legit. I tried that method without the hair dryer (I'm a guy and live with two other guys, we don't own a hair dryer) and while I got some results immediately, they didn't seem to last. I think I can substitute a space heater in, so I'll try that tomorrow.

I also realized this is my first pair of laced leather sneakers in 7 or so years. I usually get canvas or slip-on sneakers. I have a pair of Golas that are leather, but they're probably three or four years old now, and they have elastic in the construction so they give pretty easily when walking but retain a snug fit.

I'm hoping once broken in, they'll be a better walking around the city sneaker than my Vans, which I love dearly but are just okay in the support department.

Just got these yesterday.

9. Likes CamB, OTGabe, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Summer Winter and the bits in between if I am not actually at work or dressed to go out on a Fri or Sat night all I wear is these.
    I probably get through 2 pair of these a year but haven't bought any new proper shoes in 3 yrs.
    Now we are talking Mark!!

Regards Cam

Watches

11. Likes MarkO, Bwana liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    Now we are talking Mark!!

Have you tried Flojos nice thick padding on the sole that stands up to daily wear for several months before getting compressed
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Have you tried Flojos nice thick padding on the sole that stands up to daily wear for several months before getting compressed
    No I haven't but I will look out for them, these Havianas have become very compressed and so not offer a lot of cushion any more.
    Regards Cam

Watches

14. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post
    Quite coincidental, I also just got a new pair of shoes; they are not very comfy yet ......

Name:  Sidi_Fusion.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  97.2 KB
    Do you have matching body armor and helmet?