Thread: Show us your new shoes

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Not attempting to be an enabler,
    Lol
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

2. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Lol
    Hey, I said I wasn't "attempting" - right?
    Last edited by wschofield3; Feb 11, 2021 at 08:59 PM.

Hey, I said I wasn't "attempting" - right?
    Thought that counts
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

5. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Yes, in Atlanta, and while I didn't say it - they are amazing quality for the $$$. Better than Thursday - and those are a very good value.

There's a winter sale on now, not sure for how much longer.
    I'll admit you made me look, but I really don't wear these kind of shoes much and I have two never worn Allen Edmond wing tips still in the box. I need US and UK model New Balance sales at 65% off. Those or Hoka One Ones and I'll be in line.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

7. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Knowing the Cobbler Union fit suggestions are spot on, they are making me a custom pair of the Smith, which they will fit with a Dainite rubber sole instead of leather.

Most shoes I purchase have rubber soles as I travel very light on the road - I never check a bag and can be out for two weeks at a time - so, usually I bring one pair of shoes (and my trainers), and in the rain or snow, leather soles do not work.

Name:  CUSmith .jpg
Views: 88
Size:  26.8 KB

No more shoes for a bit now. It was fun though, now, back to watches - and clothes, that's still going on, but I don't think we have a "thread" for that.
    Last edited by wschofield3; Feb 15, 2021 at 02:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    No, they wore small and were tight in all the wrong places. I have blockish feet so it's always an adventure finding shoes that fit right.
    If they are real leather:

All you need to stretch/break in leather boots or shoes quickly is a couple of pairs of thick socks, a blow dryer and your own feet.

1) Put on 1 or 2 pairs of thick socks depending on needed stretch.
    2) Put on boots. It should be very difficult to get them on.
    3) Set dryer to med. Blow warm air over your feet 1-2 minutes, moving the dryer. Flex your feet until the boots cool.
    4) After removing socks the boots should be noticeably looser. Consider conditioning the leather to counteract the heat’s drying effect.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

10. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    I may give that a try. I was about to send back pair number four, and I really liked these. I was hoping they'd stretch more as I wore them throughtout the day; tight across the top. They stretched a bit, but not a lot. Maybe there's hope.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    I may give that a try. I was about to send back pair number four, and I really liked these. I was hoping they'd stretch more as I wore them throughtout the day; tight across the top. They stretched a bit, but not a lot. Maybe there's hope.
    This not only stretches them, it stretches them in the shape of your feet. You can get about half a size stretch.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

I tried your method, Jeannie...twice. They stretched a bit but they still didn't fit properly so I sent them back. The boots just weren't right for my feet so the search continues. I'll try the hairdryer route again if the next pair is a bit too snug.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I'll admit you made me look, but I really don't wear these kind of shoes much and I have two never worn Allen Edmond wing tips still in the box. I need US and UK model New Balance sales at 65% off. Those or Hoka One Ones and I'll be in line.
    I purchase many of my NB at the factory outlet store in Brighton, MA, so when this pandemic thing subsides, I'll be happy to purchase there for you and ship them down.