Likes Likes:  917
Page 65 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your new shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I have no idea.

They were my Mom's. They're 35-40 years old and have done okay all this time so I don't know...

Jeannie
    Those shitkickers most likely are just oiled. They look like the finish on my old boots that I would wear on the bike. All these fancy snakeoils may react negatively with the finish. Would post a picture if I could just figure out where I put them.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Those shitkickers most likely are just oiled. They look like the finish on my old boots that I would wear on the bike. All these fancy snakeoils may react negatively with the finish. Would post a picture if I could just figure out where I put them.
    Here they are after the dubbin. Not sure I see much difference.

Name:  59A3E0BD-1138-4553-8C73-0D811459474F.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  36.9 KB

I got two other pairs of boots from Mom. This pair are Brazilian made and very high quality. I’ve never worn them because they were a little narrow for me. But this thread made me pull them out, put on a couple pairs of thick socks, shove my feet painfully into them and pull out the hairdryer. They stretched well enough that I think they’ll get some wear now.

Name:  AC24E44C-5DDA-4621-8F57-0E0BA5A13FDA.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  36.4 KB

This is the last pair and I used to wear these regularly but they got to where they pinched. I think I’ll try stretching them too.

Name:  B8B545A5-C19D-40C9-AEE1-C7F199C3BA02.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  58.2 KB

I’ve got a gazillion pairs of boots and booties. Does anyone else use pool noodles to hold their boots upright?

Name:  519BDAC1-4C59-4A2E-A0C5-F47955B9D324.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  43.7 KB

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

3. Likes Raza, synequano liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Well, that's certainly a creative use of pool noodles. Although, if I'm honest, I never really understood what pool noodles were for, so it's as valid a use as I've ever seen.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

5. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Not new, but 18 months old and resoled as a gesture of goodwill as they failed prematurely

Name:  130EB19E-B321-40F1-9BC8-986F3A751C20.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  41.5 KB
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

7. Likes boatme99, synequano liked this post
    Name:  IMG_20190822_115103.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  72.5 KB

I was in desperate need of some new Sperry's. Spent months looking online for a sale and never found what I wanted.
    I walked into a new chain shie store yesterday and Lo! They had what I wanted on sale, $20 off! Not only that, they were BOGO 1/2 off!
    Light tan for everyday, dark brown for evening casual.

9. Likes synequano, Raza, gnuyork, Strela167 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boatme99 View Post
    Name:  IMG_20190822_115103.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  72.5 KB

I was in desperate need of some new Sperry's. Spent months looking online for a sale and never found what I wanted.
    I walked into a new chain shie store yesterday and Lo! They had what I wanted on sale, $20 off! Not only that, they were BOGO 1/2 off!
    Light tan for everyday, dark brown for evening casual.
    Nice! I had a few pairs a few years ago, but went off the boat shoe style in favor of your white canvas plimsoll. Good luck with the Sperrys. After a couple of pairs, I wasn't too happy with the quality and jumped to the Timberland version of boat shoes and loved them (they are like your light brown ones).

11. Likes synequano liked this post
    Well that's disheartening. My current pair is 15 years old. They're still ok, just dirty and stained. Good for around the yard but not very attractive for town use.

13. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Well that's disheartening. My current pair is 15 years old. They're still ok, just dirty and stained. Good for around the yard but not very attractive for town use.
    Sometimes companies dip in quality and come back. I wouldn't judge your new pairs by ones I bought 8 years ago.
    Last edited by Raza; Aug 26, 2019 at 05:19 PM.

Show us your new shoes

Some of my new ones (L-R):
    Nike Pegasus Turbo for the gym
    New Balance 1500 with BOA closure also for the gym
    Nike Epic React Flyknit 2
    Nike Pegasus 36 FSU edition

I think I may have a sneaker problem:

16. Likes OTGabe, geoffbot, synequano liked this post

I have a pair of light tan ones like yours, but with white outer soles. I've had them for a few years, and actually they were replaced under warranty. One shoe squeaked on every step. It was embarrassing. Sperry replaced them with a brand new pair even though they were well outside the warranty period, and they are perfect. For the summer they almost get daily wear with no socks (if I'm not wearing flip flops or sandals). Love my Sperrys.

Oh and what chain store? I wouldn't mind having a darker brown pair as well.