Likes Likes:  936
Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your new shoes

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    They're cool. What are they made of?
    The upper is leather with rubber sole

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    What's a good pair of driving loafers that don't break the bank?
    Puma SpeedCats are some of the best lower cost drivers. I've seen them discounted down to in the $60's.
    Last edited by Samanator; Jul 29, 2022 at 04:28 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Puma SpeedCats are some of the best lower cost drivers. I've seen them discounted down to in the $60's.
    I've seen those before, they are more like sneakers to me... I'm looking for driving loafers (and not necessarily for driving, but more for style).

I've seen those before, they are more like sneakers to me... I'm looking for driving loafers (and not necessarily for driving, but more for style).
    Those are generally not really driving shoes these days since they are not fireproof. For loafer types there are a lot, but still some of the best are Minnetonka's. They have various soles so you'll need to figure out what works for you. I find the little dots grip the peddles pretty well. https://www.minnetonkamoccasin.com/p...c-the-original. These also will wear better and they have some in between.
    https://www.minnetonkamoccasin.com/m...vals/tarik-men

Duluth trading company has these: https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-b...YaAniXEALw_wcB

Other option is a more traditional drive shoe company. Piloti has various styles and prices. I've found them a bit narrow for me. They have morphed more to sneaker like lately.
    https://piloti.com/collections/all-shoes
    Last edited by Samanator; Jul 29, 2022 at 08:03 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifico66 View Post
    Just picked up these OluKai very comfortable casual summer shoe

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Ooh, those look comfortable and breathable.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Those are generally not really driving shoes these days since they are not fireproof. For loafer types there are a lot, but still some of the best are Minnetonka's. They have various soles so you'll need to figure out what works for you. I find the little dots grip the peddles pretty well. https://www.minnetonkamoccasin.com/p...c-the-original. These also will wear better and they have some in between.
    https://www.minnetonkamoccasin.com/m...vals/tarik-men

Duluth trading company has these: https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-b...YaAniXEALw_wcB

Other option is a more traditional drive shoe company. Piloti has various styles and prices. I've found them a bit narrow for me. They have morphed more to sneaker like lately.
    https://piloti.com/collections/all-shoes
    I know they are probably not the best for driving, but I believe it is a style of shoe, regardless if people drive in them. As I mentioned, I don't need them for driving...I just need them for casual dress in Khakis or summer shorts. Something different from my usual flip flops or Sperrys. Thanks for those suggestions. The Minnetonkas look nice but not really the style I'm after.

I've seen the Cole Haan come up in my IG feed often (I like the style) , those and Jos A Banks brand (I forget the name)... and another called Riomar which is interesting, but I have never heard of them outside of my IG feed ads and they are over $200.
    Last edited by gnuyork; Jul 29, 2022 at 08:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    I know they are probably not the best for driving, but I believe it is a style of shoe, regardless if people drive in them. As I mentioned, I don't need them for driving...I just need them for casual dress in Khakis or summer shorts. Something different from my usual flip flops or Sperrys. Thanks for those suggestions. The Minnetonkas look nice but not really the style I'm after.

I've seen the Cole Haan come up in my IG feed often (I like the style) , those and Jos A Banks brand (I forget the name)... and another called Riomar which is interesting, but I have never heard of them outside of my IG feed ads and they are over $200.
    I jumped on YouTube to see if there were any critical reviews (for example, Rose Anvil’s white sneaker series was enlightening, but he also cut them in half and took them apart to show you how they were constructed), but everything seems like a mix of either actual ad copy on one end of the spectrum from their own channel or essentially ad copy from other channels. Getting anything more critical than regurgitated specs and “they look great” (“from the beach to the boardroom” was even uttered as I choked on my coffee) seems to be an impossibility. They’re really pushing the “waterproof” aspect of the shoes, as well as their “odor proof” and anti microbial lining. Important if you wear them without socks and if it actually works, but who knows?

If you’re going to spend ~$200, I actually really like the Rothy’s. They have a good reputation as far as I can tell, and I like that they used recycled materials. I just checked it out with Honey and found coupon code WHISKEY for $20 off, if that helps take some of the sting out.

Oliver Cabell also scored very highly in the aforementioned Rose Anvil white sneaker series, but he never did their loafers. However, accounting for the lower cushioning and support and inherently vulnerable driving loafer design, I do have a decent amount of faith that Oliver Cabell’s construction would be worth a look.

On the more ~$100 side, I really like the Kenneth Coles’ look, but Cole Haan has never let me down (they’re seriously underrated as a casual sneaker company; their sneakers are often lightweight, yet well cushioned and durable), so I would probably end up choosing the Cole Haan horse bit drivers.

Just some further thoughts.

9. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I jumped on YouTube to see if there were any critical reviews (for example, Rose Anvil’s white sneaker series was enlightening, but he also cut them in half and took them apart to show you how they were constructed), but everything seems like a mix of either actual ad copy on one end of the spectrum from their own channel or essentially ad copy from other channels. Getting anything more critical than regurgitated specs and “they look great” (“from the beach to the boardroom” was even uttered as I choked on my coffee) seems to be an impossibility. They’re really pushing the “waterproof” aspect of the shoes, as well as their “odor proof” and anti microbial lining. Important if you wear them without socks and if it actually works, but who knows?

If you’re going to spend ~$200, I actually really like the Rothy’s. They have a good reputation as far as I can tell, and I like that they used recycled materials. I just checked it out with Honey and found coupon code WHISKEY for $20 off, if that helps take some of the sting out.

Oliver Cabell also scored very highly in the aforementioned Rose Anvil white sneaker series, but he never did their loafers. However, accounting for the lower cushioning and support and inherently vulnerable driving loafer design, I do have a decent amount of faith that Oliver Cabell’s construction would be worth a look.

On the more ~$100 side, I really like the Kenneth Coles’ look, but Cole Haan has never let me down (they’re seriously underrated as a casual sneaker company; their sneakers are often lightweight, yet well cushioned and durable), so I would probably end up choosing the Cole Haan horse bit drivers.

Just some further thoughts.
    Yeah those Riomars look great and a litte more casual sporty for shorts (I like this color pictured with the white soles too), and waterproofness and anti microbial are all plusses for me, but... as I've mentioned, and you discovered... $220 for a shoes that only show up in ads make we question them.

Cole Haans look great, as do the Joesph Abbaouds, both closer to the $1000 range.

11. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Haven’t bought new shoes lately, but I did pick up a few more pairs of Xpand laces. Honestly, they’re so convenient, I basically won’t wear a pair of shoes with traditional laces anymore. Once you set them up, they turn every shoe into a slip on, but one that’s actually secure to your foot. They’re on my gym shoes, on my minimalist whites, everything really. I’d put them on my boots if they weren’t Chelseas.

https://www.xpandlaces.com/

13. Likes hayday liked this post