Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: its UGLY but i dont care.. =)

its UGLY but i dont care.. =)

dont want to waste my last 11" of leather.. i made this custom leather with 25mm widh, tapper to 20mm and with 16mm lug.
    rather thick but very supple and fits my wrist awesomely well

thanks for looking guys..

DSCN8971.jpg

DSCN8966.jpg

DSCN8979.jpg

DSCN8980.jpg

DSCN8975.jpg

DSCN8973.jpg

Maybe black leather would have looked better, but these straps do not look bad at all!

Cheers,

Sjors

3. Likes iyonk liked this post
    thanks Sjors... i dont have any black leather for now and just want to use my left over hehe.. I'll try black someday.. at least now i know how to do it hehe
    thanks for your input! appreciate it =)

it was a leftover from this project:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by iyonk; Feb 12, 2015 at 07:15 AM.

5. Likes Knives & Lint, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    The proof with the back side pict =)

yes, i dont get rid of the lettering... it not shown while wearing anyway hehe..

DSCN8981.jpg

7. Likes Knives & Lint liked this post
    I really like the new strap design you made. And how it attaches is very cool. It's interesting to see a watch band with only 1 hole. But since you are the wearer and know the size it's supposed to be one hole works great.

Great job!

9. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Thank you very much P.. yeah, one hole is all I need haha..
    its still a work in progress but right now i'm having a blast and lovin' how it feel on the wrist =)

Awesome new design Iyonk. I really like it.
    It's definitely not ugly. G's are not easy to fit with aftermarket straps. But you have figured out a way to put a leather strap on and make it look great. Awesome accomplishment.
    Only one buckle hole looks great too. Easy to know its a custom strap with only one buckle hole.

12. Likes iyonk, The Watch Smeller liked this post
    I think it looks great! Very cool!...I actually dig the brown leather with the black watch. It puts a unique G-Shocker spin on a classic color combo.

14. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Thx Greg and K L.

It aint no panerai but for now it's one of a kind hehehe since no body in the right mind would wear it haha!

the leather is very soft and 'breath', i never have problem with smelly leather or sweat... so just want to enjoy this one, may be i'll make a black one someday hehe..

the previous leather is super comfy also but a bit to thin... this one is thick and balance the thickness of the DW9052...
    its a new life for this G since i rarely wear it at first due to the factory strap diggin' to my wrist and causing discomfort... I like this G since the backlight button is easy to access like DW6600 and DW6900.

have a great day everybody!

16. Likes Greg liked this post
    Undistinguished
    That looks great! I really like the single hole for the buckle!

18. Likes iyonk liked this post