Likes Likes:  24
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Man from U.N.C.L.E., yay or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I don't remwmwber rock n rolla. I shall watch it tomorrow night.
    I enjoy Rock N Rolla. Not as good as Snatch or Lock, stock and smoking barrels but still good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    While I still feel remakes are evidence of intellectual sloth I will grudgingly acknowledge that you do indeed have a point.

The one instance of a worthwhile remake I can think of isn't really a remake at all, rather an adaptation, since it was a movie made from a book. Three Days of the Condor, while not a great film was fairly taut and compelling as thrillers go. The book from which it was taken (Six Days of the Condor by James Grady) was an abomination of horrible writing, one-dimensional characters, and some of the most embarrassingly amateurish dialog you've ever read. I will concede that in this one instance the adaptation was orders of magnitude better than the original, and thus worthy of having been made.
    Of course it had to be one of the only movies I can think of that featured the Star sporting a Doxa....
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!