Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Doxa

Vintage Doxa

Hey Cats,

Picked up the beater Doxa today ☺.

Looking forward to making it beautiful again 😊

Peace,
    Preston

2. Likes popoki nui, JAGtime, CamB, Uber, ljb187, T Bone, gnuyork liked this post
    Nice one, Preston! I can't wait to see the finished restoration!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

4. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Love the Sharkhunter- What do people do to their watches? Can't wait to see the results.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

6. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    One hefty piece of metal for sure. Very nice.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Very nice, Preston - some / many say the SUB 300T is The Doxa to have.
    Enjoy the watch and looking forward to the after-pics.

We do have 2 vintage Doxa's, but no vintage SUB's, unfortunately; shown here next to mu 1200 DWL

Name:  100703_3Doxas_2m.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  84.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CamB
    ... What do people do to their watches?
    Wear them?
    Remember, the 300T dates back to times when people purchased just one watch and used it to tell time.
    They were not in to collecting watches and babying them.
    Last edited by MHe225; Feb 13, 2015 at 07:00 PM.
    IWL member 90

Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post

Wear them?
    Remember, the 300T dates back to times when people purchased just one watch and used it to tell time.
    They were not in to collecting watches and babying them.
    Come on, that case has been butchered. it doesn't get like that from normal use- this watch has not been looked after. I'm looking forward to seeing it restored.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

10. Likes MHe225 liked this post
    Apologies, CamB, I should have elaborated a wee bit - I know a few people who actually dive with their Doxa's and other watches; not recreational diving, but underwater welding and other sh*t. Their watches look just like Preston's and worse. These people don't even think about it; to them these are just tools.And when their watches stop, they don't have it repaired or serviced, they just get a new one.

That was my frame of reference when I made my comment; apologies for not being clearer and more specific. I do fully agree, "normal" wear doesn't leave your watch like that.
    IWL member 90

Apologies, CamB, I should have elaborated a wee bit - I know a few people who actually dive with their Doxa's and other watches; not recreational diving, but underwater welding and other sh*t. Their watches look just like Preston's and worse. These people don't even think about it; to them these are just tools.And when their watches stop, they don't have it repaired or serviced, they just get a new one.

That was my frame of reference when I made my comment; apologies for not being clearer and more specific. I do fully agree, "normal" wear doesn't leave your watch like that.
    Precisely!!!!!

Watches of this type is purely a tool.

Peace,
    Preston

13. Likes MHe225 liked this post

No need to apologize !
    Regards Cam

Watches

VERY cool!