Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What magazines / newspapers do you read?

What magazines / newspapers do you read?

On the home front I read digital newspapers only that will probably mean nothing to most of you : JN, Expresso, Público- local newspapers, A Bola, only on Mondays to get my soccer fix, and Jornal económico- a local economy newspaper. I usually get Time-out Porto as well. Truth be told I get most of my news from a news radio website.

On an international level, I try to read "The New yorker" , NY times website,Time, I usually buy i-D, Wallpaper, Monocle if I can get my hands on them, Elle Decoration, Outside magazine, LRO magazine, Esquire, and depending on whats on the front cover: cars, cameras and travel magazines. I don't buy all of these every month, probably 3 or 4 out of this list, but they rotate depending on my interest at the time.

Blog Entries
    Entertainment Weekly. Good Housekeeping. Country Living.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

3. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    Daily Telegraph, QP Magazine, Jazzwise, Jazz Journal.

5. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    Oh god, where do I even start. In no particular order...

Harper's Magazine
    Granta
    The Paris Review
    Harvard Review
    The Alpinist
    Rock & Ice
    Climbing *
    Air & Space *
    The Economist
    Fast Company *
    National Geographic *

* I used to read these a lot more, but quality has been abysmal lately. So, while I still subscribe, I don't really read these as much.

7. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Oh god, where do I even start. In no particular order...

Harper's Magazine
    Granta
    The Paris Review
    Harvard Review
    The Alpinist
    Rock & Ice
    Climbing *
    Air & Space *
    The Economist
    Fast Company *
    National Geographic *

* I used to read these a lot more, but quality has been abysmal lately. So, while I still subscribe, I don't really read these as much.
    Totally forgot fast company, I read that too.

Playboy but I don't read it

10. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Subscribe to the following:

Sports Illustrated
    Popular Science
    Travel & Leisure
    Food & Wine

I read all of them, enjoy each of them on their own merit.

When traveling I also enjoy Harvard Business Review, The Economist, and Nat Geo

12. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    I have a surviving subscription to watchtime, other than that I only occasionally pick up periodicals here and there. I used to have about 6 or 7 for several years, but I was reading them less and less. I've never had a newspaper subscription, and never will. I do have a ROB app on my phone I check daily, and closely follow cp24 on twitter.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

14. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    I haven't read a physical newspaper or magazine in years - one of my favorite things about Ye Olde Internets is the ability to get news online. NY Times, Wall Street Journal, and the local paper are the only things I read regularly, then Forbes, BBCi, or C-SPAN if I'm looking for something different.

16. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    We get the NY Times and Chicago Tribune delivered on Sundays, and have digital access daily.
    I get the New Yorker, Atlantic, Newsweek, Chicago Magazine, WatchTime (of course), National Geographic (digital only, because if you get the printed edition they will fill up your entire house in time), about eleventy trade mags that I can't get them to stop sending and which I rarely have time to read, I'm giving up Esquire and Vanity Fair.

There are also several food, travel, fashion, gardening, and women's interest magazines about. Someone else must subscribe to those.

A number of websites, of course, but basically, I'd rather be reading books.
    Last edited by dbakiva; Feb 14, 2015 at 09:03 AM.

18. Likes bolaberlim liked this post