Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two new ones in the case

Savagely Average

Two new ones in the case

Well I decided it was time to change things up a bit with the watches....and I wanted to try my hand at trading as well. I gave away two watches via a WUS giveaway, and I traded two others for the Seiko below + two pocket knives. The Fortis showed up on a blue strap I was not a huge fan of, so I ordered the Nato for it. Glad I did.

The Fortis was a lucky E-bay bid. The Seiko was the result of a trade I am pleased with, as I have thought about buying an Alpinist many times! Both watches and knives below showed up this week, so I am pretty happy

Name:  STA70912.JPG
Views: 275
Size:  53.6 KB
    Name:  STA70907.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  59.1 KB
    Name:  STA70928.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  72.9 KB
    Name:  STA70927 (2).JPG
Views: 257
Size:  92.9 KB
    Name:  STA70925 (2).JPG
Views: 262
Size:  82.4 KB

Name:  STA70922.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  104.1 KB

2. Likes popoki nui, Martin, Seriously liked this post
    You did well! The more I see the Alpinist, the more I suddenly need one.

Enjoy your new acquisitions!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

4. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    You did well! The more I see the Alpinist, the more I suddenly need one.

Enjoy your new acquisitions!

~Sherry.
    Thanks! I was still apprehensive until I tried it on my wrist....now I am glad I did it!

6. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Excellent pickups - Congratulations! I like the Alpinist on bracelet, and I've always liked Fortis clean look. Enjoy!

8. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    The Alpinist is one of my favourite watches, a distinctive design that's not like anything else and a really versatile watch. Love that Fortis too.

10. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Fortis is a beauty!

The other isn't my cup of tea but does look quite nice I'll admit.

12. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    The Alpinist is on a Seiko5 bracelet, and I have never handled a Seiko5. Just knowing their reputation from the internet, I was ready to start swapping to a strap as soon as it arrived.....and it surprised me. I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre
    Well I decided it was time to change things up a bit with the watches....The Fortis was a lucky E-bay bid .... I am pretty happy

Name:  STA70907.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  59.1 KB
    Good catch - this really is an under-appreciated piece. My wife has the same one and it is still her most worn watch with over 10 years of cumulative wrist time. Matches mine nicely:

Name:  130727_Fortis_Flieger_2x.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  248.2 KB
    IWL member 90

15. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Bartering done you good.Like the Seiko
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

17. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Thanks, I have worn both multiple times in the past week or two

An Epos Sportive diver is on the way now. It scratches the itch I had for a Sin 556 style dial, and it is probably more wearable for my general day-to-day.