Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I've never liked this "style" of watch before...but then I saw this...

So I've never liked this "style" of watch before...but then I saw this...

posted by Perseus (thank you) and I fell for it. I know it's an homage, and perhaps that's why I like it so much as it won't break the bank if I try it and don't like it in the metal. The blue hands, the sandwich dial and especially the brushed case (which was done aftermarket) aside from the bezel really appeal to me.

Anyone have experience with the Precista PR20 Italian? Thanks, and have a great day!

Name:  Precista PRS 1.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  153.0 KB
    Last edited by wschofield3; Feb 14, 2015 at 05:46 PM.

I don't have experience with that model but have had a PRS50B from the first batch Eddie delivered and have been pleased with the build quality and time keeping. I think you may have meant to say the sandwich dial as the California dial is Arabic and Roman numeral.

3. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Funny, I went to Time Factors when I saw Perseus' post. It is a looker; drawn in by the blue hands on black face. Love it. At 44mm, might be just slightly too big for me.

5. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by vinylgreek View Post
    I don't have experience with that model but have had a PRS50B from the first batch Eddie delivered and have been pleased with the build quality and time keeping. I think you may have meant to say the sandwich dial as the California dial is Arabic and Roman numeral.
    Thanks, I'm new to the Cali/sandwich dial nomenclature!

7. Likes vinylgreek liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roller.959 View Post
    Funny, I went to Time Factors when I saw Perseus' post. It is a looker; drawn in by the blue hands on black face. Love it. At 44mm, might be just slightly too big for me.
    I've had a couple at that size or a tad larger and I'm thinking the wire lugs may minimize the "chunkiness". I think I'm going to give this one a try while I continue to think about my "all around" watch choice from another post.

9. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    I bought one when they were first available. I think I moved it on within a couple of months. It was amusingly big to begin with, and then it was just too big.

The numerals were perilously close to the edge of the dial, which came to bother me. There was also some play in one of the lugs, although that may be almost inevitable with wire lugs. Build quality and finish was otherwise fine.

I wasn't really that keen on it from day one, now that I come to think about it...

11. Likes wschofield3, CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I bought one when they were first available. I think I moved it on within a couple of months. It was amusingly big to begin with, and then it was just too big.

The numerals were perilously close to the edge of the dial, which came to bother me. There was also some play in one of the lugs, although that may be almost inevitable with wire lugs. Build quality and finish was otherwise fine.

I wasn't really that keen on it from day one, now that I come to think about it...
    May I ask how big your wrist is please? Aside from the size issue, I'm OK with the other things you mentioned.

Looks nice to me. Like the very clean dial.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

14. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    May I ask how big your wrist is please? Aside from the size issue, I'm OK with the other things you mentioned.
    7.5"

I don't think it was quite as big as it looks in my photo.

Oh, and I think I put some lug tubes in it. Now that I look at the photo, I can see a slight bump in the lower strap that was caused by the wires moving or being slightly out of alignment.
    Last edited by tribe125; Feb 15, 2015 at 02:00 AM.

16. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    7.5"

I don't think it was quite as big as it looks in my photo.

Oh, and I think I put some lug tubes in it. Now that I look at the photo, I can see a slight bump in the lower strap that was caused by the wires moving or being slightly out of alignment.
    That's the size of my wrist too, and yes, it does look big in your photo. Now that you've pointed out how far the numerals are to the edge, it's bothering me.