Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is why I don't trust new cars

This is why I don't trust new cars

Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Lol...
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

How does one tell if his Jeep has been hacked or is simply doing what Jeeps traditionally do?

4. Likes thewalrus, boatme99, geoffbot, I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post
    How does one tell if his Jeep has been hacked or is simply doing what Jeeps traditionally do?
    Ha! Post of the day.

6. Likes Donf liked this post
    Seriously though. Give me a mechanical interaction for all the items that make a car move, stop and steer. Everything is fine - but drive by wire still makes me nervous.

8. Likes 93EXCivic liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by thewalrus View Post
    Seriously though. Give me a mechanical interaction for all the items that make a car move, stop and steer. Everything is fine - but drive by wire still makes me nervous.
    No kidding. I mean I get that it is easier to package and helps with gas mileage but what happens if it breaks. I just don't see how they can guarantee it doesn't stick open.

Some evil person is going to hack the car to play only Barry Manilow on the radio, and then demand ransom money to make it stop. EVIL!

Quote Originally Posted by shemp View Post
    Some evil person is going to hack the car to play only Barry Manilow on the radio, and then demand ransom money to make it stop. EVIL!
    I'd rather them just crash it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shemp View Post
    I have a funny Barry Manilow story.

One beautiful summer day I pulled up at a gas pump to fill up my Mustang convertible. I had the top down and was feeling pretty good. I noticed the guy with the motorcycle on the other side of the pump was checking me out. He smiled and said "nice car," but he wasn't looking at the car.

So here I am thinking "You go, girl! You still got it." I smile back, wish him a nice day, and slide into the car with admirable sang froid. Until I crank it and Barry Manilow blasts out of speakers about how he writes the songs.

You're never as cool as you think you are.

Jeannie
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

13. Likes geoffbot, T Bone liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I have a funny Barry Manilow story.

I noticed the guy with the motorcycle on the other side of the pump was checking me out. He smiled and said "nice car," but he wasn't looking at the car.

Jeannie
    Wait. Women notice stuff like that???

15. Likes geoffbot, Martin liked this post