Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst ad campain/slogan/jingle/image etc.

Worst ad campain/slogan/jingle/image etc.

Most of us are exposed to thousands of adverts weekly. In print, on signage, the web or broadcast via radio or t.v. there are just so many. But some come to mind as standing out by being a bit awkward, quirky or even downright bad, perhaps some bother you or strike you as odd or even funny.

Thought I'd post one of mine and ask for yours, just to see what others are seeing/hearing that may (or may not) just miss the mark.

My nominee for one of the worst, for an incontinence protection product from a firm called Tena. Their ad catch phrase? "Let yourself go". That one just seems a bit "off" (and maybe just mildly amusing) to me. Perhaps I'm just missing the point (then again, fortunately for me, I'm not in their target market). Any others come to mind?
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

2. Likes Ryan liked this post
    Has to be this one.

Why oh why did they think a little, orange, pinched off turd would be a great mascot for an energy company???

4. Likes OrangeSport, Ryan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post

Why oh why did they think a little, orange, pinched off turd would be a great mascot for an energy company???
    Maybe that's what they're burning in their power plants.

The recent crop of "Wocha!" adverts. They might as well say "Aimed at thick chavs!"

The target audience, amongst other things, can't use chopsticks or walk through glass doors.
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

ALL OF THEM !

Nuff said

8. Likes Nokie liked this post
    Mmmmm... Danone!

Mmmmmm.... P155 off ! Really ?... That's the best you could do ?.... and how much did you spend on marketing/advetising gurus to come up with that one?

Last edited by crownpuller; Feb 15, 2015 at 10:13 AM.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

The current "You're so moneysupermarket" ad. The one with the idiot in the jeans mincing to a beyonce tune.

11. Likes cedargrove, Fox Covert liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by ro63rto View Post
    Has to be this one.

You remembered it, didn't you?.......it was successful

Back a few years, but I always cringe at this one-

"Chevy Runs Deep"

Sounds like a bad knife wound.........
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

14. Likes T Bone liked this post
    Lol... had to Google a few of these, and even that didn't help on one or two. Guess we all presume they are universal, but not nec. so. Those in the UK., I've discovered that EDF is "one of the UK’s largest energy companies". Still no idea what a Wocha! ad is, or what Danone is (though the P155 off did give me a new idea for a US license plate that might sneak by the censors!). Guess we all presume a bit more universality to what we are exposed to on a (far too) regular basis.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

16. Likes crownpuller liked this post