Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Celsius mechanical watch + cell phone

  1. #1

    Celsius mechanical watch + cell phone

    Anyone seen this?

    http://www.celsius-x-vi-ii.com/

    The Ledix is a cell phone with a tourbillon mechanical watch built into it, powered by the energy generated when you flip the phone open or closed. Only 18 pieces, each a mere 250,000 Euros. There's a GMT model, too, which I assume is "cheaper." The company is run by the son (or grandson?, can't remember) of the former CEO of Audemars Piguet, who owns a holding company called MELB that now owns Hautlence and Moser. The son (grandson?) also is the CEO of Moser.

    Not sure who would buy one of these, but it certainly is quite a design accomplishment (even if I can't see the purpose of it myself).

  2. #2
    Mountebank MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Posts
    3,102
    Just weird
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

  3. Likes Nokie liked this post
  4. #3
    Member CamB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    1,936
    What a bargain, especially considering most phones I have last about 2 years.
    Regards Cam

    Watches
    Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

  5. #4
    The Dude Abides Nokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    3,516
    Agree with Mark. Very weird.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

  6. #5
    El bot. geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    19,498
    Overpriced, ugly, gimmicky and pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    The company is run by the son (or grandson?, can't remember) of the former CEO of Audemars Piguet
    Ah. Makes sense now.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Overpriced, ugly, gimmicky and pointless.


    Ah. Makes sense now.
    Ouch. Although I agree with your (implied) view that AP has put out some stuff that fits those adjectives, I have to confess that the regular Royal Oak, which I didn't like originally, is now at the top of my want list...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    El bot. geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    19,498
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Ouch. Although I agree with your (implied) view that AP has put out some stuff that fits those adjectives, I have to confess that the regular Royal Oak, which I didn't like originally, is now at the top of my want list...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love the royal oak and dearly want one.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I love the royal oak and dearly want one.
    I found out that there was a shop half an hour from me that is an AD, and went to try one on, wondering if the 41mm would be too big. They didn't have the stainless steel one, but I tried on a rose gold 41mm, and it fits me perfectly. Drat, there goes the watch budget for the year. Waiting for them to get a SS one in to look at.

  10. Likes geoffbot liked this post
  11. #9
    El bot. geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    19,498
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I found out that there was a shop half an hour from me that is an AD, and went to try one on, wondering if the 41mm would be too big. They didn't have the stainless steel one, but I tried on a rose gold 41mm, and it fits me perfectly. Drat, there goes the watch budget for the year. Waiting for them to get a SS one in to look at.
    Which model? I like the black dial with the seconds hand.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Which model? I like the black dial with the seconds hand.
    The 15400ST, silver dial for me. I've got several nice black dials, and the silver is beautiful. Although neither the black nor the blue are too shabby, either. Not a fan of the 15202, I like seconds hands.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us