Likes Likes:  127
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Titanium wheel nut

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

The strap I might buy is stitchless -

Attachment 72443

Maybe you’ll get to have a look at it one of these days.
    that strap is super nice Alan.. but are you sure you won't get bothered to see the buckle would mismatch the Titanium case? are they offering option with blasted buckle? if they are-- problem solved..
    i just look at the picture and know it has different buckle tang than the Inox, or you could easily swap them..

if you change your mind..
    i was thinking something like this but in 21mm..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Congratulations Alan ! Have you seen the video's on these ? They can withstand some serious stuff & come out unscathed & Ti is incredibly resilient to boot. I've tried these on @ Macy's when Bob was alive a many times (not the Ti version).
    The only reason I didn't buy 1 is the odd lug size since I'm a strap guy I would've had to order separate straps & they would only fit this piece.
    Did this 1 come w/ the case guard ? it's such a cool accessory to this piece.
    Last edited by watchdaddy1; Jan 26, 2018 at 05:13 AM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

3. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    that strap is super nice Alan.. but are you sure you won't get bothered to see the buckle would mismatch the Titanium case? are they offering option with blasted buckle?

Good point...

The strap only comes with a polished buckle, but the seller can provide a dull buckle with the right tang.

Thanks for the prompt!

5. Likes geoffbot, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    Have you seen the video's on these ? ... Did this 1 come w/ the case guard ? it's such a cool accessory to this piece.

Yes, to both questions. I wouldn’t mind seeing an exploded diagram of the watch but haven’t found one.

I confess I didn’t even take the bumper out of its little plastic bag...

7. Likes watchdaddy1, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I confess I didn’t even take the bumper out of its little plastic bag...
    don't bother Alan.. if you want to wear 'bumper', you better wear G-Shock..

if i have that kind of Inox.. i will wear it only on its factory rubber OR khaki Suede since i think it will suit the dull case..

there's a Carbon Inox.. i much prefer the Titanium one..

I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

9. Likes synequano liked this post
    In principle I like this watch but there are a couple of things that make me ask:
    What purpose do the outer sub-second markers have because they seem to have an unusual number of divisions?
    Is the 6 sided bezel design somehow linked to the fitting of the guard?

The outer track is a 24-hour scale. There are red 24-hour numerals at the base of the indices. It’s all too small for my eyes.

To answer your second question, I’ve had to dig the watch box out of storage, not having looked at the bumper before. As you’ll see from the photos below, the bumper follows the contours of the case. It just sits on the bezel. It’s a neat thing, now that I come to look at it.

Some reviewers have questioned the value of the bumper on a watch that is meant be be near-indestructible, but they’re missing the point. It’s an ‘active’ bezel protector that could prevent scratches when you’re rock climbing, for example.

I’ll never be doing anything of the sort, which is why I left it in the box.

Excuse the photos - only a table lamp for lighting -

Name:  4C834B0A-F287-4E1A-8DE3-4D6D30894C64.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  64.2 KB

Name:  76E3C174-B313-4DAF-B882-CADEF155A6E4.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  56.4 KB
    Last edited by tribe125; Jan 26, 2018 at 11:48 PM.

12. Likes CFR, FuzzyB, iyonk, skywatch, Greg, synequano liked this post
    I still don't get it. There's 15 ticks between the positions of the traditional hour markers, 180 ticks all round. Maybe something to to with compass readings?
    Last edited by man of kent; Jan 27, 2018 at 08:26 AM.

I guess the outer ticks are 15-minute markers for the 24-hour scale.

I can’t read the outer scale without a magnifying glass so don’t really register that it’s there.

This watch is far better than I was hoping for, and I had pretty high hopes based on the design.

What seems like a massive block of titanium simply disappears on the wrist. It’s not that it doesn’t have significant wrist presence, but rather it is so well balanced on the strap that it doesn’t make its presence known.

Two things struck me immediately. First, the bezel is not nearly as pronounced as I expected in pictures. Most likely that is a result of the blasted titanium finish all around. A polished bevel on a stainless steel model would be an entirely different story.

Second is the depth of the dial. From the texture of the rehaut with its cutouts for the indices, to the matching slope of the date window cutout, the dial just draws you in.

As Alan mentioned, the strap is a perfect match for the watch. And according to the stamping on the strap itself, it is caoutchouc, although it is lacking the vanilla scent of most natural rubber straps. I’m going to be on the hunt for a red one to match the second hand now.