Likes Likes:  77
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Coffee

Thanks Rusty!
    I checked out naked portafilters, and here's all you machine drivers need to know about diagnosing your faults
    http://ineedcoffee.com/the-naked-portafilter/

That video was well done (well I thought it was a bit long, I got the point). I always told myself if I ever decide to get an espresso machine, a naked portafilter would be one of my first accessories.

3. Likes Rusty liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Thanks Rusty!
    I checked out naked portafilters, and here's all you machine drivers need to know about diagnosing your faults
    http://ineedcoffee.com/the-naked-portafilter/
    Great site, thanks. There is something nice about watching a naked shot.

5. Likes muddy250, OhDark30 liked this post
    I don't think I saw it addressed, though questioned, but my understanding is burr grinders are better (excuse me if you all already know this) because they give a more even grind. I don't think the blade grinders 'burn' anything (as was mentioned), as much as they do not offer a consistent grind; more of a random chopping. So you'd end up with fine little bits and big chunks and you'd get an uneven brew. Now where's my Nescafe?
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Quote Originally Posted by Statius View Post
    I don't think I saw it addressed, though questioned, but my understanding is burr grinders are better (excuse me if you all already know this) because they give a more even grind. I don't think the blade grinders 'burn' anything (as was mentioned), as much as they do not offer a consistent grind; more of a random chopping. So you'd end up with fine little bits and big chunks and you'd get an uneven brew. Now where's my Nescafe?
    Yes, not only a more even consistent grind, but I also read Burr grinders are quick and efficient and do not heat up the grounds (not necessarily burn) like a blade grinder due to the friction of the blades - then there's even Conical vs flat burr grinders too. I have a Conical.
    Last edited by gnuyork; Mar 27, 2015 at 10:38 AM.

Don't buy a hand burr grinder - takes like 5 minutes to grind one cup!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

9. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Great site, thanks. There is something nice about watching a naked shot.
    I don't have a naked pf but I like watching mine anyway. :-)

Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

11. Likes Rusty, gnuyork liked this post
    A mug of latte from my sunbeam café series.

13. Likes muddy250, Steppy, geoffbot, gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    A mug of latte from my sunbeam café series.
    That looks fantastic

15. Likes Rusty liked this post
    COOL!

http://www.joshrenoufdesign.com/new-gallery-5/

Not launched yet but estimates are £200-£250

THE BARISIEUR
    The Barisieur is an alarm clock and coffee brewer. It eases the user into the day with the subtle movement of stainless steel ballbearings that boil the water through induction heating, accompanied by the smell of freshly brewed coffee. It encourages a ritual before going to sleep, signalling to the body and mind that it is time to unwind and relax. Living slow even when times are fast.