Likes Likes:  55
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite style pictures thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    And if you're looking for daring pattern mixes that flirt with looking like an optical illusion, here are a few:

I'd prefer to be memorable for the things I say and do, rather than for looking like a test-pattern made of Super 150. Although, this last one isn't bad. It's the most low-key one of the bunch.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Teeritz View Post
    Yes, but he was running India. I'm completing Library Studies.
    There's always room for Costello in Abbot's world.

Blog Entries

As classic as the day is long.

I'd prefer to be memorable for the things I say and do, rather than for looking like a test-pattern made of Super 150. Although, this last one isn't bad. It's the most low-key one of the bunch.
    It's an Italian thing. Which is ironic because Italian politics is quite conservative; however, Italian street style is much more... colorful.

Here are a few ties that were a gift from Mr. Berlusconi that demonstrate how conservative his style is (despite his flamboyance in other aspects of his life). And of course, a watch is included because this is a watch forum.

Blog Entries
    It's an Italian thing. Which is ironic because Italian politics is quite conservative; however, Italian street style is much more... colorful.

Here are a few ties that were a gift from Mr. Berlusconi that demonstrate how conservative his style is (despite his flamboyance in other aspects of his life). And of course, a watch is included because this is a watch forum.

Oh, I know that the Italians are masters of it. Me being of Italian parents, but I haven't been back since I was a kid in '72. I was there for six months, my mother enrolled me in kindergarten. Sky-blue smock with a navy blue tie-type ribbon thingy that hung down to the waist.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)

6. Likes M. Montaigne liked this post
    Just for you, Raza.

Blog Entries
    These four ties are about as flamboyant as I'll go;

Name:  P2160484.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  91.6 KB

The zig-zag Zegna one can give people a headache if they stare at it too long, the green and orange ones are polyester(!), but the patterns mimic bygone eras, as far as I'm concerned, and the cream-coloured Valentino worked surprisingly well with a pale blue shirt. Width-wise, they're not in fashion, but I'm tempted to look for a tailor who can/will narrow them down to an all-era three inch width. Might be more trouble than it's worth. And the first-world-problems aspect of it puts me off.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)

Blog Entries
    There's always room for Costello in Abbot's world.
    Depends who's on first.

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)

To be honest, those are all way too flamboyant for my tastes.

I'm afraid I go with the basics when it comes to ties -- I prefer to play with textures than colors or patterns (e.g., knits, grenadine, shantung etc).

These four ties are about as flamboyant as I'll go;

Name:  P2160484.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  91.6 KB

The zig-zag Zegna one can give people a headache if they stare at it too long, the green and orange ones are polyester(!), but the patterns mimic bygone eras, as far as I'm concerned, and the cream-coloured Valentino worked surprisingly well with a pale blue shirt.
    Width-wise, they're not in fashion, but I'm tempted to look for a tailor who can/will narrow them down to an all-era three inch width. Might be more trouble than it's worth. And the first-world-problems aspect of it puts me off.
    There's a website whose name escapes me who specialize in this. I have had a few ties taken care of, and even converted to bow ties.

It'll come to me eventually.

EDIT: Aha! Tiecrafters. Not sure if they do international, though.
    Last edited by M. Montaigne; Feb 16, 2015 at 03:45 AM.

Depends who's on first.
    Unfortunately, Tony Abbott did come first, sir.