Likes Likes:  921
Page 113 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1248

Thread: The indecisive watch buyers' thread

I’m sure the watch is OK, but it’s one of those brands that has no real identity - although that might be an overly subjective judgement.

And ETA GMTs will always be ‘wrong’ to me. Fixed GMT and independent hour hand is what you want.

2. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I’m sure the watch is OK, but it’s one of those brands that has no real identity
    Actually, they have a bunch of identities, but I'm afraid not many of them are of their own, though.

4. Likes rodia77, OhDark30, tribe125 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I’m sure the watch is OK, but it’s one of those brands that has no real identity - although that might be an overly subjective judgement.
    Agreed.

And ETA GMTs will always be ‘wrong’ to me. Fixed GMT and independent hour hand is what you want.
    Nah, 2893 works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Actually, they have a bunch of identities, but I'm afraid not many of them are of their own, though.
    Are you referring to Sub knockoffs? (Actually, a good point, I generally avoid brands that have knockoffs in their offer). Their current collection seems OK but lack originality, so back to what Alan said.

6. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Agreed.

Nah, 2893 works fine for me.

Are you referring to Sub knockoffs? (Actually, a good point, I generally avoid brands that have knockoffs in their offer). Their current collection seems OK but lack originality, so back to what Alan said.
    Not only Subs, but take a look at the JLC Polaris range and you'll see where they came out with the "idea" for this watch.

Btw, I'm ok with the ETA 2893.

8. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Not only Subs, but take a look at the JLC Polaris range and you'll see where they came out with the "idea" for this watch.

Btw, I'm ok with the ETA 2893.
    Hmm, maybe a similar dial layout but that's all and not enough for me to see it as anything 'heavily inspired'.

One way or another, you two helped me save ~€600. Now... help me save some more and tell me that the hands in the black one and the white one are gilt:

Name:  8203606p_xxl.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  64.4 KB

That's another ch24 find I thought was interesting. Kinda plain, but I'm a little bit of a sucker for steel bezels -- although this one seems fixed and thus out of place somehow. The size is right at 38mm and so is 100m WR, though.

"Not heavily inspired?" Yeah, sure. Anyway, glad we helped you save some money.

About those Eterna, I'm afraid I can't help you. The hands do look gilt on the pic, but I can't be sure.

"Not heavily inspired?" Yeah, sure.
    Umm, can you post a pic of which JLC model you mean?

About those Eterna, I'm afraid I can't help you. The hands do look gilt on the pic, but I can't be sure.
    I sent a query.

12. Likes CFR liked this post
    Umm, can you post a pic of which JLC model you mean?

I sent a query.
    Sure.

Name:  Jaeger-LeCoultre-Polaris-Date-2018-ref-9068670-16.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  216.1 KB

About the Eterna: do you want the hands gilt or not gilt?

14. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Sure.

Name:  Jaeger-LeCoultre-Polaris-Date-2018-ref-9068670-16.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  216.1 KB

About the Eterna: do you want the hands gilt or not gilt?
    Thanks. Not a ripoff to me. Maybe I'm not familiar enough with Polaris to see it as something iconic and automatically trace watches with similar layout (of which I've seen quite a few, probably) back to it.

Eterna: I'm after not gilt. But I'm not very seriously set to buy it, more like 'noticed, noted, may want to have a look again and consider as a possibility'.

16. Likes CFR, hayday liked this post

Eterna: I'm after not gilt. But I'm not very seriously set to buy it, more like 'noticed, noted, may want to have a look again and consider as a possibility'.
    Right. Got it.

18. Likes rodia77 liked this post