Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All this talk of Panerai...

All this talk of Panerai...

With two IWLeaguers simultaneously taking the Panerai plunge, I thought it might be a good time to check out the Panerai website. Rather than sift through the entire catalog, I thought it might be good to just use the watch finder feature and limit it to the size (<44mm) and case shape (Radiomir) and see what falls out.

To my surprise, there were several quite nice models to chose from. And then I scrolled down...

and found this.

Name:  PAM00077_front.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  56.8 KB

At first I thought they goofed and put a picture of the back of the watch instead of the first. Alas, they did not. The specs state that this model (limited to 2 units, thank goodness for that!) uses a G-P three bridges movement.

The photo of the actual back was a bit of a letdown. The engraving looks shallow and uneven, the finishing is inconsistent, the screws look a little worse for wear, and there appears to be dirt in the knurling of the crown.

Name:  PAM00077_back.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  39.9 KB

After seeing this one, I need to go back and look at the pictures of Jazzmaster's new Panerai to reassure myself that they can make something beautiful!

2. Likes I-B liked this post
    Maybe that's the reason why PAM watches don't deviate too much from their designs.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Being one of the plungers that you mentioned, i admit i was biased in a negative way towards the brand, and this watch confirms why people think of them in a certain way. Never the less, they make some fekking nice watches too...

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    Being one of the plungers that you mentioned, i admit i was biased in a negative way towards the brand, and this watch confirms why people think of them in a certain way. Never the less, they make some fekking nice watches too...
    That they do. I think it really emphasizes how well simple works for their design aesthetic. The one above looks like a cobbled together project watch from the leftover Chinese catalog-watch parts bin.

7. Likes I-B, ljb187 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    That they do. I think it really emphasizes how well simple works for their design aesthetic. The one above looks like a cobbled together project watch from the leftover Chinese catalog-watch parts bin.
    As a owner of this watch, posting a wristshot from this *ehem* "gem" on WUS would get you banned from their website

9. Likes Nokie liked this post
    Bizarre...

That model is like a black sheep in the whole Panerai lineup,no lume on the numbers?? C'mon???

Anyway,from what I heard,this watch looks better in person...thankfully there are only 2 of this lying around....

12. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post
    That model is like a black sheep in the whole Panerai lineup,no lume on the numbers?? C'mon???

Anyway,from what I heard,this watch looks better in person...thankfully there are only 2 of this lying around....
    Thank goodness there are only 2. I can't imagine who would have been the target customer for that model. Since they only made 2 of them, maybe Panerai thought the same thing.

On a more positive note, I was happy to see how broad the Panerai lineup has become. They have some very interesting movements these days and as long as they don't stray far from the original design concept, they look pretty good.

I think that is two too many.......
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

15. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Yuck.