Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Product question

Product question

Hey Cats,

Shopping for a high end "rubber" dive strap for the Doxa. Although it's original bracelet works fine and is looking pretty nice after it's servIcing I thought it prudent to put it in storage for safe keeping for the next owner when I move the watch along.

I found a nice piece by Bonetto Cinturini, model 321 that I could get to my door for under $50. Does anybody here have experience with the brand? If so, good quality rubber, good strength and so forth?

Also is there something else I should look at for the watch from a brand perspective. Something in the up to $50 shipped range.

Not interested in the crazy expensive stuff that's out there like Isofrane and the like, can't justify a couple hundred bucks for a couple pieces of rubber.

Anyway, if you'd like to assist, pics and links perhaps? 😊 All I ask is that the strap has to be rubber, silicone sucks for this application in my opinion.

Thanks for the read folks! 😊

Peace,
    Preston

Stowa have 20mm and 22mm rubber straps with either buckle or deployment for EUR 33.61 plus EUR 7.00 shipping to US which equates to a total of just under 50 USD:
    https://www.stowa.de/lshop,showrub,1..._22_mm,,,,.htm

I have no experience with their rubber straps, so can not vouch for their quality or otherwise, but I have purchased a croc strap from them which is very good.
    Citizen: Eco-Drive BV1080-18A ☆ Longines: Legend Diver ☆ Melbourne Watch Co.: Flinders ☆ Obris Morgan: Branco, Pradata ☆ Rado: Captain Cook 'Ghost Captain' ☆ Stowa: Antea 390, Antea Poland LE, Flieger 2011 LE, Marine Original LE IITudor: Heritage Black Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    I found a nice piece by Bonetto Cinturini, model 321 that I could get to my door for under $50. Does anybody here have experience with the brand? If so, good quality rubber, good strength and so forth?
    Yeah, I bought one of this brand straps (a 317) for a watch of mine, it was good , but in the end, after wearing it for a bit, I found rubber wasn't what I was looking for.

PS: They literally stink of Vanilla (they use it to mask the rubber smell), but only trouble is you need something to mask the smell of vanilla then

(The word literally has been used solely for the amusement of Chronopolitano, quite litcherally )

Product question

Nice watch mate.
    Check out Doxa web site they have an oem strap to fit a vintage doxa. $59
    I have had one of their straps before, different style but nice rubber quality.
    http://www.doxawatches.com/rubber_strap_sub600.html
    Rusty
    Last edited by Rusty; Feb 16, 2015 at 10:45 AM.

5. Likes rfortson liked this post
    Sweet! Didn't even occur to me to look for a factory strap......duh

Thanx a bundle Rusty!

Peace,
    Preston

7. Likes Rusty liked this post
    I have three BC rubber straps (Real rubber, not latex or silicone) and they are of excellent quality.

One I have is now going on four years of pretty consistent use and it still looks and feels pretty much new.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

I love the BC straps & Iso's...the stock Doxa is very stiff,,,unless you can find a "Hershey version", they are very nice.

Name:  DSCN2164.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  136.8 KB

I'm going to go with the Doxa and hot water cylinder it. I'll also probably grab the BC I have in my watch list because it's very cool looking, has the Iso vibe but about 6x less expensive.

Peace,
    Preston

Cannot go wrong with BC straps Preston- they are very good.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    Cannot go wrong with BC straps Preston- they are very good.
    I'm thinking some more now and wondering if I'm going to get stung for customs brokerage fees which is $55.00 plus duty and tax if I go the doxa route, with the initial exchange against the cost I'll end up at Isofrane if not higher level and I'm already blowing my budget by a 20 sheet. I could be looking at nearly or more than $150.00 when it's all said and done......well crap!

Peace,
    Preston