Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nomos online shop

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    No, you save 16.66666% on the UK price , unless you're gonna wangle a deal better than just getting the VAT removed
    The way I look at it is that if I pay $2000 as I leave the UK I will get $400 refunded back to my credit card.

To give an example I was looking at an Orion that if you buy from the online store and ship to the USA you pay $2600.
    With a favorable exchange rate and reclaiming the VAT I will be paying $2000 for exact same watch.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

It's not a 20% discount, it's a net price that had 20% tax added to it.

Easy example is if it cost £120 already including 20%VAT , the refund would be £20 =to 16.6667% of the £120 (because the original net price was £100 and had 20% (£20 in this precise case) added to it.)

I love my wife very much, but I doubt I'd let her choose a watch for me. Likewise I wouldn't dare to choose a handbag for her.

I respect your courage.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    She is on a mission to get my birthday present, I gave her 2 sides of paper printed with details and photos but it is going to be her choice for me. A bit like the last time I bought her a handbag.

Sent from Maxwell Smart's shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    I love my wife very much, but I doubt I'd let her choose a watch for me. Likewise I wouldn't dare to choose a handbag for her.

I respect your courage.
    I treat my wife the way I treat politicians -- I give her a finite list of options, all of which I absolutely want.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    I treat my wife the way I treat politicians -- I give her a finite list of options, all of which I absolutely want.
    Yep if she sticks to the list I have no worries - I don't think she would go too left field on me but if she does not leave Wempe I think I will be happy.
    I think the expedition will be Saturday as she is still in Rome and not back to London until tomorrow morning.

I see this as training for future birthday and christmas gifts, I suppose I am considerately trying to make myself easier to buy for. I was looking for the smiley face with a halo

Quick follow up.
    MrsO back home, I saw an envelope with Wempe on it and a package but all is hidden away until 3rd week of May.
    So about 10 weeks until the big reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Quick follow up.
    MrsO back home, I saw an envelope with Wempe on it and a package but all is hidden away until 3rd week of May.
    So about 10 weeks until the big reveal.
    I couldn't stand the wait and suspense!

Last arrival I waited from August until Christmas but I knew what I was waiting for.
    Think on balance this is worse!

9. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    You could order from a US AD like Toppers and have it shipped direct at a net total less than or equal to your way, but you would have it in about a week.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You could order from a US AD like Toppers and have it shipped direct at a net total less than or equal to your way, but you would have it in about a week.
    Thanks for the thought but if I ship I will pay 35% duty, so I always tend to buy when travelling.

I don't know how Toppers prices compare to the Nomos online shop but on an Orion the US price was $600 more than I was going to pay after reclaiming VAT.

Anyway shopping is done, just the waiting now.