Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Chronoliner Arrives!

The Chronoliner Arrives!

This just in...Breitling Chronoliner

Last edited by Jazzmaster; Feb 16, 2015 at 12:19 PM.

Pretty cool. GMT and a ceramic bezel! 46mm is ok with me but I'd imagine not for the masses. I like it on the pilot bracelet
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424097525.651590.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  168.4 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424097538.500586.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  37.7 KB

Once again, an encouraging step -- and I do love the fact that Breitling has finally incorporated a ceramic bezel into the mix. It's a very nice look.

That being said, this seems to be a Navi World dressed in different clothing. I would have loved to see this watch with a B04 movement, 44mm case, and a bezel that mirrors the bezel on the 765 AVI. That would truly be a modern version of a Breitling classic. I'm still hoping for a revival of the 765 AVI bezel -- I love those!

The Chronoliner Arrives!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmaster View Post

That being said, this seems to be a Navi World dressed in different clothing. I would have loved to see this watch with a B04 movement, 44mm case, and a bezel that mirrors the bezel on the 765 AVI. That would truly be a modern version of a Breitling classic. I'm still hoping for a revival of the 765 AVI bezel -- I love those!

Agreed. Omitting the B04 is perplexing.

Edit. I think the main reason is they haven't arranged the sub dials in the 6-9-12 for any of the new movements. Time for them to fix that and make a 3 hand in house.
    Last edited by Dienekes; Feb 16, 2015 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Agreed. Omitting the B04 is perplexing.

Edit. I think the main reason is they haven't arranged the sub dials in the 6-9-12 for any of the new movements. Time for them to fix that and make a 3 hand in house.
    The thing is, though, that the original Co-Pilot AVI 765 had a 3-6-9 subdial layout, so the B04 would have worked perfectly in terms of reviving the original. I'm stumped by that choice.

Couldn't agree more that Breitling needs to develop an in-house 3-hander!

BTW -- I like the look of the pilot bracelet, as well.

6. Likes Dienekes liked this post
    i just love this watch!!! its a little too big and yup in house woulda been better but I just love it... can't help it... can't wait to see this in the steel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Pretty cool. GMT and a ceramic bezel! 46mm is ok with me but I'd imagine not for the masses. I like it on the pilot bracelet
    On the review I read they said 48mm not 46mm
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    On the review I read they said 48mm not 46mm
    From the Breitling website. 46mm with a bezel is big but not outrageous.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424104133.003188.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  36.7 KB

10. Likes MarkO liked this post
    I'll need to modify my previous comments a bit. It appears that the Chronoliner is not so much inspired by the AVI as it is by this 60's version of the Unitime...

I still think that the B04 movement and a smaller case size would have made sense -- but, all in all, a pretty nice job by Breitling of re-imagining this vintage Unitime.

From the pics available, I like how this model looks. I still wish it was @ 42- 44mm but it seems that 46mm is the new reference for Breitling. Regarding the movement, I believe I can understand why it was chosen; it's reliable, not particurlarly difficult (expensive) to service and helps to keep the final price more acceptable. Final thoughts, only after I get the chance to acctually handle one.