Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotation

Most of mine stay in a Pelican case which has a home in my gun safe. The four really good ones stay overnight at the bank's safety deposit box, but I do visit them on a regular basis.....
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by uchinanchu View Post
    Love that Memovox and Ingenieur! My current rotation, which is all I have currently, maybe add a few within a year or so but can't see having more that, becomes quite unmanageable . . .
    That is a very fine collection indeed.

3. Likes uchinanchu liked this post
    My rotation is more a spastic conflagration. I just grab whatever I feel like wearing most days. A watch may go a few weeks or months with no love and then spend a week on the wrist. I'm fickle that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

5. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Now I rotate between a Sinn U2 and a Panerai.
    I could not imagine to have my watches in a bank safety box. If my house was unsafe ( weak doors and windows) I would get a safe. I think it is important to have an easy access!

Since I reduced my collection to a wearable number this would be the gang:

Rolex Explorer II 42mm Polar White

Ball Fireman B&O "The First Mile"

Seiko 600MM SD GMT

Omega 300 TT Master Co-Axial

Omega Planet Ocean GMT Good Planet

Omega Mark II

Tudor Black Bay

Apparently I have a thing for GMT watches and didn't know it.
    Last edited by Samanator; Nov 17, 2014 at 09:49 PM.

I currently have 4 in rotation, 5th soon and 6th ordered.
    I used to keep them in my bedside drawer but just had a safe fitted.
    My Victorinox lives in the drawer and goes to the beach, the others go in the safe when not worn.

I used to wear 2 a day and wind the third but since the arrival of the safe I wear one for 2-3 days before I swap, just too lazy to open the safe twice a day!
    Last edited by MarkO; Nov 21, 2014 at 03:27 PM.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

9. Likes uchinanchu, Rob, Nutty28 liked this post
    1. I've decided I want to have my watches on-site. I live in an apartment, and I could get wiped out fairly easily. I'm betting on the fact that it's unlikely to occur. I've lived in the same place for 25+ years, and only had one break in, about 20 years ago. Got a TV and VCR and that was it. (looking for wood to knock on)

2. I can't get to a bank safe deposit except on weekends...this would require me to plan what I wear and I'm not that organized.

3. I don't have any crazy expensive pieces, so while I would feel a loss, it wouldn't be devastating.

I currently have 13 in my watch boxes. I wear most of them on a regular rotation. I do on some occasions think about the clients I am meeting for the day, and tend to choose less "blingy" pieces to wear.

But I also noticed recently that I tend to wear my NSA on weekends more than others. Maybe it's still "honeymoon" phase (watch is still less than a year old).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    You can see what I've got in the "whole collection in one picture" thread. A lot of variety, no fixed rotation, it's whatever strikes me that day. Although the Breguet gets worn more than the others, since it goes with pretty much anything I wear to work.

P.S. Uchinanchu--aha, your collection gives you away, I know your secret identity.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    You can see what I've got in the "whole collection in one picture" thread. A lot of variety, no fixed rotation, it's whatever strikes me that day. Although the Breguet gets worn more than the others, since it goes with pretty much anything I wear to work.

P.S. Uchinanchu--aha, your collection gives you away, I know your secret identity.
    Howdy mlcor! No secret ID (at least didn't mean it to be). Tagged myself as an aka in my profile but maybe should've registered in the Lobby. In any event, nice to be recognized no matter the how . . .

15. Likes mlcor liked this post