Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Abstinence - I'm giving up buying watches for Lent

Blog Entries
    Ok... I'm out

I will support you from afar but no way am I joining you. I am petty sure that as soon as I did, Jason would say the new batch of Delfins is ready. Sorry.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by bacari View Post
    Ok... I'm out
    You should get the EOT to celebrate....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I really enjoyed the restraint threads in f71 in the old place (even if I wasn't very good at them), so given that today is the first day of Lent I thought I'd start one here. (If anyone doesn't know, Lent is the 40 days leading up to Easter when Christians traditionally give something up)

I therefore hereby pledge that I won't buy any new watches or straps until 2nd April.

For some people here I imagine that would be an easy feat. For me, on the other hand, it is not. I don't think there has been a day since IWL started when I haven't had at least one watch inbound and at the time if writing I have 3 (all cheap Russians).

Should anyone want to join me the rules are simple: no watch related purchases unless they relate to a pre-existing pre-order.
    I'm in, though it's not much of a sacrifice given that I spent all my discretionary money already (on a non-watch purchase).

I'm trying to think of a way to sacrifice something watch-related that would bite, but though the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak.

Rick "who has worn the same watch for over a week--does that count?" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

5. Likes scottjc, Banker liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdenney View Post
    Rick "who has worn the same watch for over a week--does that count?" Denney
    Now that sounds like a challenge. Who among us has the willpower to wear the same watch for 40 days?

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Now that sounds like a challenge. Who among us has the willpower to wear the same watch for 40 days?
    I managed to go about 6 weeks wearing the same watch for a week at a time, don't think I could do 40 days though

Day 3 - still strong!

Name:  index.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  12.5 KB

10. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    Hmmmm. Awe fully quiet here....

12. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by drickster View Post
    Hmmmm. Awe fully quiet here....

We're all busy not buying watches.

I received a watch in the mail yesterday that I ordered weeks ago. It has 16mm lugs which I didn't appreciate when I ordered it. Rather than immediately ordering a 16mm strap (as I have none), I crammed an 18mm in there and made do.
    In short, winning.

14. Likes JAGtime, drickster liked this post